Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: the limitations of no custom games

Quote Originally Posted by jean valjean View Post
    and please explain to me how one can have an iron man when you will always have random people joining your game? And there is no world pvp, which makes it impossible
    Ironman is a co-op thing where you try to get as far as you possibly can. Level-to-9-then-hostile-and-first-to-kill-andy-or-last-man-standing is something of a twist on ironman. Level-to-9-then-duel really has nothing to do with ironman, but some people still insist on calling it ironman. You can clearly still do a traditional ironman in D3; the random people joining the game issue is solved by only allowing invited players to join your game and inviting them. Like you said, and I said, it's a PITA, but it's still possible.

BattleTag NinjaGhost-1733

Quote Originally Posted by jean valjean View Post
    "come see godly boots" I'm referring to times when you find some godly item and you just want to show it to people and get comments.
    As for the other stuff, i don't want to have to invite people to my friends list just to do something that was so simple to do in past games, and i don't want to fill up my list with a hundred randoms. And I don't only want to be limited to dealing with people that I already know.

and please explain to me how one can have an iron man when you will always have random people joining your game? And there is no world pvp, which makes it impossible.

as for melee duels, I highly doubt that blizzard will allow for that much customization in the arenas.
    I thought ironman was a playing through naked/getting to certain checkpoints naked.

As for showing off stuff, ingame would be more annoying since players can't willingly look at your boots (join your game specifically) and you running to various games saying 'look at my stuff!' would get annoying. But there are still forums for showing off stuff. Something along the lines of a 'look what i found today' threads. (Had one of those at a PSO forum i frequented. I rather miss PSO)

But yes inviting is a PITA, but I just wanted to show it is possible, not that it is pleasant. I too would like custom games back.

IncGamers Member

The rules of ironman in D1 were along the lines of: no town, ~1 life (I forget if you were allowed to use res scrolls), untwinked. Get as far as you can. In D2 you need to tweak the no town rule, eg, to allow talking to Warriv if you beat A1. Some variants involve turning it into a PvP game. A variant could turn it into naked ironman, but that's certainly not required.

i will miss having the ability to restrict levels from joining my game

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar
    BattleTag MotherMedusa-1643

Agreed with OP. There should be an option to create custom games, abso-freaking-lutely. Not a critical feature, but I will sure petition for it after release.

BattleTag Ignatius-1870

Other viable reasons to name games:

-4v4 Dueling
    -Pretend dueling
    -Not killing enemies (Pacifist mode, always loved this one!)
    -Trading items for gold
    -Cybering
    -Running Act 1, normal, quest 3, part 2
    -Chasing each other around in circles
    -Eating paste
    -Bleach drinking competitions and dueling

I could think of a million more examples, but you get the idea. C'mon, Blizz. GET IT TOGETHER.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestructor View Post
    -Chasing each other around in circles
    You make fun, but running level 1s around the cow level trying to kill your opponents is fun >_>

hmm i will also miss cybering. thanks for the reminder destructor

BattleTag stonerdoom-1945

You all forget the best game name from back in the day (I even put it on a t-shirt!):

bring wf

IncGamers Member

I literally do not care about any of those. I'd like custom games, but I am not going to cry over it. The only thing custom games were good for was asking for help with a certain quest and trade games. Both of these are solved: You can buy or sell items on the AH (much easier than in game trades) and if you need help with a quest, join a game that is on that quest.

There are plenty of other things to moan about. I'm surprised that this one still draws so much interest.