Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

the limitations of no custom games

Here are some things that we won't be able to do any more thanks to the removal of custom game names and also the removal of world pvp. Some of these things I guess you could do if you were to invite people to your friends list then invite them to the game, but its a whole ordeal and you would end up with a giant friends list full of strangers.

(Mind you I think that the new matchmaking system is a great idea. But they should not have removed custom games from the equation. Ideally we should have the option to do either/or.)

- free item give away
    - hide and seek (fun game I used to play where I'd hide somewhere in the game and the first person to find me would get a soj)
    - come see godly boots
    - melee duels
    - iron man contest (hardcore)
    - loot duels (hardcore; no evidence that we will be able to do this in d3)

Just general lack of freedom and creativity outside of immediate monster killing bums me out.
    I'm sure there are plenty more.

IncGamers Member

Re: the limitations of no custom games

Yeah, I underlined that a while ago. Same thing happened with SC2, which is mostly why RPG's aren't worth making on that new shiny engine. (you could be a level 50 stuck with new players... etc.). Why do you think they have such restrictions?

BattleTag Mick-1457

I will be glad that with the current system in place, when I join a random public game, I will be very likely to find a game in which the goal and purpose is to kill demons and advance through the quest of my choice. I don't want to have to scroll through a list of games searching for a world instance where people actually just want to play in a normal manner. I won't have to worry that the quest I choose was completed hours ago and the game creators are already on the next act. I won't be WUGed unless they are doing so ironically.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raesene View Post
    I will be glad that with the current system in place, when I join a random public game, I will be very likely to find a game in which the goal and purpose is to kill demons and advance through the quest of my choice. I don't want to have to scroll through a list of games searching for a world instance where people actually just want to play in a normal manner. I won't have to worry that the quest I choose was completed hours ago and the game creators are already on the next act. I won't be WUGed unless they are doing so ironically.
    Did you read the first post at all? I totally agree that the matchmaking system is good idea. Im saying we should have the OPTION to have custom games and that would make the game way more fun.

BattleTag NinjaGhost-1733

Quote Originally Posted by jean valjean View Post
    Here are some things that we won't be able to do any more thanks to the removal of custom game names and also the removal of world pvp. Some of these things I guess you could do if you were to invite people to your friends list then invite them to the game, but its a whole ordeal and you would end up with a giant friends list full of strangers.

(Mind you I think that the new matchmaking system is a great idea. But they should not have removed custom games from the equation. Ideally we should have the option to do either/or.)

- free item give away
    - hide and seek (fun game I used to play where I'd hide somewhere in the game and the first person to find me would get a soj)
    - come see godly boots
    - melee duels
    - iron man contest (hardcore)
    - loot duels (hardcore; no evidence that we will be able to do this in d3)

Just general lack of freedom and creativity outside of immediate monster killing bums me out.
    I'm sure there are plenty more.
    Some of these still are possible.

Free item giveaways- only available to either friends who join your game, or the randoms that pop in due to MM.
    Hide & Seek- still subject to friends only or the randoms. Not randoms who find the game in a list.
    come see godly boots- lolwut?
    melee duels- depends on what the arena comes out with.
    iron man contest- don't see how this can't work without custom games.
    loot duels- probably not.

I too will miss custom games.

Have to agree that I would probably really have enjoyed me some iron man contests. On the other hand, I think you can give away items to your random-matchup playmates quite well enough not to miss the opportunity to make custom games for it.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Possible, but they'll be a PITA. I don't want to invite 3 people to join my game to play ironman, I want to say mouse//wiz in the channel we're all sitting in and have them follow me.

BattleTag NinjaGhost-1733

Quote Originally Posted by MoUsE_WiZ View Post
    Possible, but they'll be a PITA. I don't want to invite 3 people to join my game to play ironman, I want to say mouse//wiz in the channel we're all sitting in and have them follow me.
    I agree that the custom games would make those easier, I was just pointing out the availability of those instances.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post

Free item giveaways- only available to either friends who join your game, or the randoms that pop in due to MM.
    Hide & Seek- still subject to friends only or the randoms. Not randoms who find the game in a list.
    come see godly boots- lolwut?
    melee duels- depends on what the arena comes out with.
    iron man contest- don't see how this can't work without custom games.
    loot duels- probably not.

I too will miss custom games.
    "come see godly boots" I'm referring to times when you find some godly item and you just want to show it to people and get comments.
    As for the other stuff, i don't want to have to invite people to my friends list just to do something that was so simple to do in past games, and i don't want to fill up my list with a hundred randoms. And I don't only want to be limited to dealing with people that I already know.

and please explain to me how one can have an iron man when you will always have random people joining your game? And there is no world pvp, which makes it impossible.

as for melee duels, I highly doubt that blizzard will allow for that much customization in the arenas.

BattleTag stonerdoom-1945

This is probably the biggest sore spot for me with D3 is the lack of custom games. Obviously, I have no choice but to roll with the new system, but I think we should really make some noise to get this feature back.