DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Awaiting user confirming email address

Re: Use it so sell it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake King View Post
    supply and demand my friend
    I supply, rich people demand hehe
    All good with me
    Yep, expolit rich people with more money than brains or common sense.

But ...

There was a story in D2 where some big business guy ""might of been a saudi prince, can't remember" and his sons enjoyed playing D2 together, He spent $25,000 on items for him and his boys. Nothing wrong with that, I'm pleased diablo brought him and sons together and spent lots of time as a family doing something they enjoyed.

There will be news on the interwebs on the same sort of thing I'm sure within months of release.
    And all be waiting to take there money

IncGamers Member

The problem with item saturation isn't that it will kill trading. It won't kill trading. But it will kill the challenge for new players who joined in late, and can now get that 97% perfect item dirt cheap simply because there are already so many of them around, and now people only want 98%-100% perfect items.

Crafting obviously doesn't solve this either.

To be honest, the only solution is (almost?) endlessly increasing difficulty, so that even with those perfect (or near-perfect) items you'll still have a good challenge.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by galzohar View Post
    The problem with item saturation isn't that it will kill trading. It won't kill trading. But it will kill the challenge for new players who joined in late, and can now get that 97% perfect item dirt cheap simply because there are already so many of them around, and now people only want 98%-100% perfect items.

Crafting obviously doesn't solve this either.

To be honest, the only solution is (almost?) endlessly increasing difficulty, so that even with those perfect (or near-perfect) items you'll still have a good challenge.
    Or simply make the drop rate so low you dont get over saturation?
    Then the items that have sexy graphics wont become junk by the time expac comes.

Seriously over saturation will kill diablo and what the whole experience is meant to be. If I see 100+ near perfects within the first month, I wont be buying expac, cuz hmm what's the point, Im slaying monsters and kitting myself up just to be like the next tom dick and harry to come join my pub game. I want to be unique in appearance, In gear, In skills. All can be achieved as long as their isn't over saturation in the market.

IncGamers Member

i dont think item saturation in D2 is "as intended" due to all the cheats + its been around for over 10 years. dont think weŽll ever see as many chars in D3 running around with perfect gear as we see in D2!

IncGamers Member

no such thing as non saturation, if the rarest items are so scant that the top players have to get by using things that are only 80% of perfect, new players are going to be awash with dirt cheap 75% gear. I like it in cooperative endeavors, cuts down the amount of time between the stage where you are a whelp trailing in the wake of your high level friend and when you have grown enough that the two of you are actually playing together. but at the same time, low level twink alts will make pvp unplayable for new players, not that that matters.

IncGamers Member

I don't think we'll have to worry -that- much about oversaturation. People will come and go, without emptying their stashes out, limited inventory space will keep people from having a perfect set of everything, expansions will bring new better gear in, probably more acts, possibly more difficulties.

And you'd be crazy to think that blizzard hasn't at least discussed the idea of game systems they could implement should things get dicey. Like I dunno, take torchlight's system. Items are essentially infinitely upgradeable, but every time you enhance, you have a chance of losing the item.

IncGamers Member

Yep, expolit rich people with more money than brains or common sense.
    the thing is the market is now open ; if people dont sell their overpriced **** they'll lower their prices ; we dont depend on illegal traders anymore who set the price for us ; that being said i think that these scenarios are no longer viable from a seller perspective ; even if there were buyer who'd truly pay that much ; these are exceptions.

IncGamers Member

As said, there is no such thing as "no saturation". Saturation will happen. For every item of X quality, you will find quite a few items of somewhat less than X quality, and those items you will sell. Even if there aren't a lot of such items, and even if some of them end up going to people who buy them and never play again so they don't re-sell them, it'll still make them cheap in the long run.

In D2 you can take for example items like razortail or thundergod's fury. Very quickly after a new ladder season you can get those items practically for free (and can't blame duping, since those items aren't even dupe-worthy), even though someone in single player can only dream about finding those items.

I'm the sort of guy who likes to keep everything that's better for my character :P.

Besides, if I can kill stuff better with my new weapon, it means that I'll have an easier time acquiring NEW items which may be worth selling :P.

Awaiting user confirming email address

Quote Originally Posted by z00t View Post
    I'm the sort of guy who likes to keep everything that's better for my character :P.

Besides, if I can kill stuff better with my new weapon, it means that I'll have an easier time acquiring NEW items which may be worth selling :P.
    I will keep the best weapon I get to farm and kill fast, sell the rest, get the money
    I wounder if your still be thing about keeping your loot when you see its going for $60 on the rmah hmmmm