Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Awaiting user confirming email address

Re: Use it so sell it ?

quote:

While I agree with Whitegiant for the most part there are a few things worth considering:

2. Even with Blizzard taking their cut, this will lead to a RMAH economy of people who have collected and banked many of these smaller transactions. Because the money is still virtual, they will be more willing to spend it virtually instead of cashing out.

@ Eeryck No, When you sell an item you have to choose if goes to paypal or blizz bucks, once its blizz bucks you can't cash it out.

BattleTag Eeryck-1961

Quote Originally Posted by Enlil View Post
    quote:

While I agree with Whitegiant for the most part there are a few things worth considering:

2. Even with Blizzard taking their cut, this will lead to a RMAH economy of people who have collected and banked many of these smaller transactions. Because the money is still virtual, they will be more willing to spend it virtually instead of cashing out.

@ Eeryck No, When you sell an item you have to choose if goes to paypal or blizz bucks, once its blizz bucks you can't cash it out.
    This actually further proves my point. Because, there are many people like myself that will play the game for fun, but participate in RMAH, I will most likely select Blizz Bucks. Since it is Blizz Bucks, I will be more inclined to re-invest, since there is a limited amount of "other" Blizzard Merchandise that I am interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeryck View Post
    This actually further proves my point. Because, there are many people like myself that will play the game for fun, but participate in RMAH, I will most likely select Blizz Bucks. Since it is Blizz Bucks, I will be more inclined to re-invest, since there is a limited amount of "other" Blizzard Merchandise that I am interested in.
    I look forward to selling you and those like you my warez and moving your blizz bucks into my bank account

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snake King View Post
    Legendarys will have better stat mods than rares, You might get a rare with the same stat mods but not the same + or %'s. A perfect rare will not be as valuable as a perfect legendary. Set items even if not perfect will be sought after because they complete sets what grants insane bonuses. The reason you cant have 50 legendarys go up on AH within first week is because they will devalue quick, If u had 10 billion legendarys on AH and they sell for say 1 dollars each because of devaluation then why should i even bother playing the game once i hit level 60 to get new items? I can just buy my gear set up dirt cheap by the gold and mats iv sold and not even bother ever looking at the AH any more, If everything comes down to a price so low that the only people making money are blizzard, people will not even enjoy item hunting any more. hence blizz will get a nice profit quick but not in the long run and the game population would die off so much before the next expac is even released.

Ofc you might say, why wont you enjoy item hunting anymore? just dont use the ah. Thats exactly what blizzard doesnt want you to do.
    concerning Item quality: do you have data / source to back up your claims ? the last time i watched design panels the opposite was true. Rares (yellow) with perfect rolls will be the best items in the game.

again your little crazy 50 legendary items example. the demand for legendaries goes into the billion branch i simply dont see a problem with inflation which will set in anyway - your numbers are completely random. we just have too many unknowns

first of all Affiximbalance ; we will math out affix imbalances fast and if an affix is very cheap in itemlevel-budget for its purpose the value of an item in comparison to its availability can be skewed.

second we dont know how big the margin for good rolls VS perfect rolls is ; effectively. there are just to many unknowns to predict how the market will develop.

however we know a few things for certain ; micro-transactions are the most accesible and most popular form businessmodell.
    We know that the bigger the portion of the flat fee is on a micro-transaction the bigger is the cut for Blizzard.

thus i believe that blizzard will encourage these kinds of micro-transactions ; you mentioned it earlier devaluation / Inflation are inevitable. but your examples are neither accurate nor representative. the Market Blizzard sets in motion here will be very huge.
    and only Blizzard has the slightest clue of what it will look like. and even they do not know for certain.

and i also said it before if the market really slows down to much they can boost it up with Mudflation. i also dont see a problem in items generally having a "low" value ; you'll need many items if you want to play all characters extensively. so blizzard has no problem with you buying and selling alot of stuff.

BattleTag Eeryck-1961

I look forward to selling you and those like you my warez and moving your blizz bucks into my bank account
    I've participated enough in the whole collecting real money thing. I find it much more interesting to use it for the purpose of entertaining myself. If that makes you happy as well then it is win/win.

I am curious though about how you are planning to have a disproportionate amount of perfect roll items that I might be interested in. Quite simply, if you did have a disproportionate amount so would others and therefore no items would be of great value. Otherwise, you would need to win the lottery drop/crafting system to have a chance.

Remember I said there will be an entire RMAH economy that develops and I will participate. The implications of this are that while I may purchase something from you, in all ways I will be your competitor as well. But if you keep taking your money out of the system and I keep mine in, eventually I will have more leverage over the system simply because I can risk more.

BattleTag Eeryck-1961

Actually unless you find a way to register your RMAH on the other side of the pond, we will have no Real Money Interaction.

Edit: I just realized that you are the 1337 gold selling farmer. You are right I will buy your "warez" because while you win at making games = work. There are easier ways to make money in life and you make it easier for me to have a bit of fun in a game.

Last edited by Eeryck; 04-04-2012 at 19:48.

Actually unless you find a way to register your RMAH on the other side of the pond, we will have no Real Money Interaction.

Edit: I just realized that you are the 1337 gold selling farmer. You are right I will buy your "warez" because while you win at making games = work. There are easier ways to make money in life and you make it easier for me to have a bit of fun in a game.
    lol, not you exactly, I mean players like your self.
    Yep, players like your self go work hard and make lots of money, I look forward to doing excellent business with the "bit of fun players"

I've participated enough in the whole collecting real money thing. I find it much more interesting to use it for the purpose of entertaining myself. If that makes you happy as well then it is win/win.

I am curious though about how you are planning to have a disproportionate amount of perfect roll items that I might be interested in. Quite simply, if you did have a disproportionate amount so would others and therefore no items would be of great value. Otherwise, you would need to win the lottery drop/crafting system to have a chance.

Remember I said there will be an entire RMAH economy that develops and I will participate. The implications of this are that while I may purchase something from you, in all ways I will be your competitor as well. But if you keep taking your money out of the system and I keep mine in, eventually I will have more leverage over the system simply because I can risk more.
    Ah, thats where commities trading is king, no rolls on items/crafting and a constant income for in demand commities on top of the many good/will sell items I'll find during my 16hr farming sessions.

As my competitors I look forward to under cutting those like you out of the market,.
    Hope your going to have a lot of stash space for your items that didn't sell because of people like me. nothing personal its just business

Last edited by Enlil; 04-04-2012 at 20:26.

IncGamers Member

`Second: Blizzard regulates and controls the Market. they determine quantity and quality of items ; they set up fees. and believe me there wont be an equivalent to Windforce or Zod. ``

Very certainly there will be. People dont pay primarily for killingpower and survivability. People pay for perfection. Their ego wants it. Like in D2 and every other rpg, the value of a perfectly rolled item is like 10 or 20 times more than one that is 97% of those stats. That is gonna be an aspect that is gonna be even more important in D3, With 6 random stats, there will be a preference for a certain stat and not another. Say half the stats are so called “prefered ones“ One out of 64 items is gonna have all 6 stats to be prefered stats. Then, they are all random, 1 out of a million is gonna have them all in the top 10% of their range. And a perfect one (all prefered stats, all absolute max) may never come around at all in the whole future of this game. If that happens, there is bound to be an idiot in the world who is gonna pay not 4, but even 5 and who knows maybe 6 digits for it. Why ? not because it is so important to his characters killing power, but because he will feel being better than all of us for having it.

And then we have this thing called gems in diablo3. I have recently gotten to know this concept in the RPG perfect world. The top level gems require such an insane amount or resources that you are gonna see them only months and months after the game came out. Their value will be rediculous and they will only be used by the very few ultra rich (in game rich that is). I dont know if they will often be traded for RM or not, depending on gold inflation, there may be primarily a big RM-gold exchange market and then people buying stuff for gold instead. But you will see that if you are gonna do the calculation, the value of these top level gems are gonna be in the triple digits most likely. And surely there will be some nuthead who is gonna spend the money to insert them in every hole of his equipment.

And i am happy there is gonna be no RMAH in hardcore. At least i wont have to deal with the crap and the idiots buying their bragging rights (or the temptation of becoming a RMAH trader for profit since i kind of have that mercantilism in my blood, but i want to enjoy a game instead of make money here)

IncGamers Member

supply and demand my friend
    I supply, rich people demand hehe
    All good with me