Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Use it so sell it ?

i really do not think items will sell for that much. I guess 10 Dollar for an item would be the highest price. I cannot imagine someone would pay much more.

I have not bought any items in d2, but i have seen some advertising from the shops and if i remember it correct the highest selling items was around 15 bucks or so...

IncGamers Member

100? $3000? Wuuttt?

I think people are expecting the RMAH to be pouring money. I'd be surprised if anything broke the $100 before end game. Look at the cost of d2 items. Only some of the absolutely perfect, end game items get into the hundreds of dollars range.

IncGamers Member BohemianStalker's Avatar
    BattleTag Revan-2822

Quote Originally Posted by Yazzer View Post
    100? $3000? Wuuttt?

I think people are expecting the RMAH to be pouring money. I'd be surprised if anything broke the $100 before end game. Look at the cost of d2 items. Only some of the absolutely perfect, end game items get into the hundreds of dollars range.
    Enlighten yourself

http://www.critiques4geeks.com/2011/...-age-of-wulin/

for instance

IncGamers Member

and maybe can i remind you to read the actual article you referring to?

DailyMail reports that during an auction to promote the upcoming Chinese MMORPG, Age of Wulin

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemianStalker View Post
    That sort of thing happens so rarely. Personally, I would bet on nothing breaking the $1000 mark on d3 for at least a few months. I guess we'll wait and see.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yazzer View Post
    I'd be surprised if anything broke the $100 before end game. Look at the cost of d2 items. Only some of the absolutely perfect, end game items get into the hundreds of dollars range.
    I'd agree people aren't likely to spend $100 for anything that isn't pretty exceptional for a max level character. I'd say that absolutely perfect items are likely to be getting closer to $1000 though. Although that's based on guessing that maybe one or two of those get created per month on the entire of B.net.

Wild speculation is fun isn't it?

IncGamers Member

Well, let me see..

Most wise choice here is sell instantly, without even thinking on it.

2 reasons.

1. Stats of loot can be nerfted, with good chance to become crap= huge price changes (in negative)
    2: Loot's price WILL decrease over time, whatever loot it'll be. Deal with it.

IncGamers Member

i doubt the price for any item will ever grow to that magnitude ; first of all the market is open for everyone , second i simply dont believe that there will be an item that rare and powerful that it elevates higher than 20 bucks ( which is still ****ing insane for a virtual good rolled in a game )

as i said the market is big ; Items that are valueable on the rmah market will be widely available, and i think blizzard's income will largely consist of the flat fee.

+ I simply refuse to believe that people are THAT dumb , to pay up to 100 bucks for an item when the market is only 2-3 months in progress even really dumb people understand that the market is in an ongoing progress of inflation. these are no baseball-cards or rarities ; they will never be worth as much as at the time you bought them ( on a large scale that is ; not on single cases in which a seller vastly underestimated the value of his goods )

that being said Blizzard would do well to create a system which encourages many trades instead of big trades.

on the other hand ; people might be really that dumb, in my circle of friends i wouldn't find anyone.
    but hey ; we already had a tulip-mania ; so why no Diablo-mania ?
    I already see it before me how people complain that they bought a X for 100 dollar at month 2 and at month 3-4 that item is suddenly not even worth the flat fee and will instead be sold in the gold ah for some k gold.

as an outside observer this is pretty interesting ; and i would'nt be suprised if blizzard made negative publicity because of that.

Awaiting user confirming email address

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGiant View Post
    i doubt the price for any item will ever grow to that magnitude ; first of all the market is open for everyone , second i simply dont believe that there will be an item that rare and powerful that it elevates higher than 20 bucks ( which is still ****ing insane for a virtual good rolled in a game )

as i said the market is big ; Items that are valueable on the rmah market will be widely available, and i think blizzard's income will largely consist of the flat fee.

+ I simply refuse to believe that people are THAT dumb , to pay up to 100 bucks for an item when the market is only 2-3 months in progress even really dumb people understand that the market is in an ongoing progress of inflation. these are no baseball-cards or rarities ; they will never be worth as much as at the time you bought them ( on a large scale that is ; not on single cases in which a seller vastly underestimated the value of his goods )

that being said Blizzard would do well to create a system which encourages many trades instead of big trades.

that would be like tulip-mania
    You must of never played D2 my friend, people spent hundreads of dollars on items from ebay and d2jsp.com
    I should know, I made a few thousand myself from ebay sales

This is the world of diablo, its all about the loot and if people can't find gear they want/need, they will buy just like in D2, people go crazy for diablo.
    The top items will have a sale value of hundreads dare I say maybe thousands of dollars, you will not see many "best sword" with a perfect roll on the RMAH with such small drop chance so they will hold there value.

Thats the amazing thing about diablo someone can play for 5 mins and get the best axe in the game, another player can farm for 16hrs with little to show for it on a bad luck day.

IncGamers Member

At a guess the most regular transactions will be in the $5-$20 range (I also think the bulk of these will be for gold). But I certainly expect a few exceptional items to get up to 4 digits. The rarity of a prefectly rolled item is going to be pretty damn crazy. 4 random attributes on the high end crafts with the massive pool of possible attributes + the range on attribute values is going to make for way less perfect (Where I am defining perfect as the best combination of stats for a character with all values at the top of their range) items than people might think.

Is there a complete list of random properties somewhere and the ranges yet? Probably not, I'm guessing that won't be known till retail.