Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

100% Berserker Frenzy Barb, is it possible??

Hi, I have tried to put together a Barb that will be in constant Berserker mode, and don't have to worry about the 120 secs cooldown for Wrath of the Berserker!

My suggestion is explained in detail with some calculations at this place,
    http://www.diablo-guilds.com/forum/t...enzy-barbarian

Please feel free to give feedback on skills, item recommendation, playstyle etc!

I also wonder if Weapons Master generates 3 Fury with Revenge and Overpower skills, or is it just Frenzy that will trigger this 3 Fury bonus with this build?

I am not sure this will be viable at all, but I want to give it a try, and also hear your comments.
    Is this viable or am I just wasting my time?

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Smashy-1409

Re: 100% Berserker Frenzy Barb, is it possible??

Looks like an interesting build

The fury generation with weapons master is also a good question but I'm going to guess no because from the looks of it you don't physically hit them and I believe that would be a requirement for weapons master. If it's not then you'll get a ton of fury with overpower

Only problem I can think of right now is if it actually counts fury gained while you're at max fury...since you technically can't gain any fury then.

Last edited by Dahmer; 03-04-2012 at 13:14.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Adult-1709

There is already a fairly well developed discussion of the Perpetual Berserker here. Check it out.

Something that was tackled in the thread is Cleave vs Frenzy as well as Into the Fray's viability for the purpose of mass fury gain. I think the common consensus is Cleave + Weapon master is much better for fury gain then Frenzy + Weapon Master. And that Into the Fray sucks for what is essentially the most Fury hungry build possible once you start to graph it out in a spread sheet. Read through the thread though...

Ahh, excellent
    Looks like Cleave will be the way to go instead of Frenzy. But I still wonder how Whirlwind will get along?

Quote Originally Posted by Mn_Swe2 View Post
    I also wonder if Weapons Master generates 3 Fury with Revenge and Overpower skills, or is it just Frenzy that will trigger this 3 Fury bonus with this build?
    When it was available in the beta, Weapons Master worked with every skill and generated Fury per enemy hit. It could potentially turn spenders into generators if you have enough targets around you. I think this behavior is very likely to change for release.

BattleTag Halfsoul-2361

I actually liked the build before with frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Adult View Post
    Something that was tackled in the thread is Cleave vs Frenzy as well as Into the Fray's viability for the purpose of mass fury gain. I think the common consensus is [snip] that Into the Fray sucks for what is essentially the most Fury hungry build possible once you start to graph it out in a spread sheet.
    The usefulness of Into the Fray greatly depends on its proc mechanics, which are unknown. Thus the consensus on it is undecided until further information is gained. If its proc rate is once in five hits, or better, I'd say it is definitely worth a strong consideration.

To comment on the build in th OP, I'd take a movement skill such as Leap, Furious Charge, or Sprint over Ground Stomp, since the build really hates having to run around without being able to hit anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaago View Post
    To comment on the build in th OP, I'd take a movement skill such as Leap, Furious Charge, or Sprint over Ground Stomp, since the build really hates having to run around without being able to hit anything.
    Thanks for all feedback so far

Groundstomp is a great round-up skill for setting up Overpower and Revenge so I really do not want to loose that one. With Groundstomp I do not have to run around as much. The problem is the run to the next pack of monsters.

Frenzy had the benefit of increasing the running speed even more (to 35% together with Wrath of the Berserker).

If Battle Rage and Into the Fray is not as good as I hope I might switch out that one instead for Leap for example.

Leap has a skill rune with the same effect, though with only 2/3 of the range of Wrenching Smash. For me, the main substitute for Into the Fray is actually Marauder's rage, a different rune of the same skill. That damage boost is really sick.