Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BattleTag Sigh-1856

Headset & mouse - where to find for cheap?

Just wondering how cheap I can get this since I'm seeing the headset for like $150 and the mouse for $70 and I'd like to try to avoid spending so much if that's even possible. Also just out of curiosity for those who have them, how's the microphone? It's apparently noise canceling which leads me to believe it's really good for talking over skype or whatever while playing with your friends. Thanks

BattleTag Diab-1350

Re: Headset & mouse - where to find for cheap?

Err, I'm guessing you forgot to put in a link to what you're talking about, or the name of it?

Probably the D3 edition ones by Steelseries. I have the mouse + the barb mouse mat and I love them. The headset I won't use because I prefer true 5.1. I got mine from Amazon and they were quite a bit cheaper than direct from Steelseries, however that was amazon.co.uk as I live in the UK, not sure if the US would be the same.

IncGamers Site Pal
    Diablo 3 Beta Tester
    BattleTag Bowzer -1925

You can get a g930 for less than that headset and it's the best headset I have ever owned.

Look into it.

BattleTag Ulthrakk-1149
    I bought the mouse from Amazon, saved about $11US on the retail price, also got the Barb mat. Very happy with both. Decided to get the "no-frills" version of the headset, the Siberia V2, and it works great as well. Not as powerful as I had hoped, but very clear and the mic is solid. I paid $80 through Best Buy for mine, they were hard to find, at least back in January.

i just bought the d3 mouse little over a week ago and i am still adjusting to it. i have used the same type of mouse for 7-8 years now but really wanted a diablo one. i hope i get used to it before launch otherwise i will have to switch back

BattleTag Zoe-2982

Still prefer my turtle beach earforce x12's over that steelseries stuff, lot cheaper even with the extra DSS amplifier, plus I use it on my xbox as well, could not ask for a better headset...I use optical cable with HD sound too so....yeah, anyway the mic is ultra clear, the headsets comfy and good luck ever trying to have them on Max volume, you'll burst your ears.

Can't really put into words how good they are, awesome surround sound as well, almost like cheating in any FPS game, can vouch for them but can't describe, slap a pair on your head and you'll see what I mean. Also they look better (personal opinion)!

BattleTag Zoe-2982

Oh and for a mouse I use a cyborg RAT 5. Best mouse I've ever owned (and I used to think my razer mice were awesome).

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    i just bought the d3 mouse little over a week ago and i am still adjusting to it. i have used the same type of mouse for 7-8 years now but really wanted a diablo one. i hope i get used to it before launch otherwise i will have to switch back
    Give it time. I had the same issue but now I'm used to it I love it. Being an unorthodox lefty I was just happy it wasn't designed for right handers only like a lot of decent mice are these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Loriku View Post
    Still prefer my turtle beach earforce x12's over that steelseries stuff, lot cheaper even with the extra DSS amplifier, plus I use it on my xbox as well, could not ask for a better headset...I use optical cable with HD sound too so....yeah, anyway the mic is ultra clear, the headsets comfy and good luck ever trying to have them on Max volume, you'll burst your ears.

Can't really put into words how good they are, awesome surround sound as well, almost like cheating in any FPS game, can vouch for them but can't describe, slap a pair on your head and you'll see what I mean. Also they look better (personal opinion)!
    I feel the same way about my Roccat Kave. I absolutely love the sound quality when connected to my Xonar D2X soundcard. One slight nag I have about the Kave tho is that it worryingly leaves indentations in my head when I've been wearing it for too long .