Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    BattleTag cozmic0-1632

Pledge: Give every skill and runeskill a go!

Even from just playing the beta. I see that sometimes a newly unlocked runeskill effect was ignored as I just felt that what I was using was way superior... and IMO that's a wasted opportunity to try out new runes or skills that might be more suited to the class than previously thought, after all we got the choices from everything anyway....

So, this may seems silly, but with this I pledge that on the full game I'm going to give every skills, rune skills, and passives a try as they're unlocked, at the very least for a whole full level. I know that a level timeframe will vary a lot but that's better than not trying it at all :P

So with this I also won't create any build until level 60 as they will be swapped out anyway... Anyone else intend on doing the same?

Re: Pledge: Give every skill and runeskill a go!

Oh, I'm DEFINITELY trying out every rune along the way .

I mean, there's no reason NOT to! When I unlock a new rune, I want to see the shiny for myself, even if I don't think it's good.

Sometimes, I may be pleasantly surprised. And also, some of the Rune descriptions are a bit vague - you'd need to try it out for yourself to properly assess how good or bad it may be :P.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

I'm going to try everything as I unlock it because that's basically what you're looking forward: Unlocking the new stuff.

BattleTag sanity-1134

Yea, im looking forward to messing with everything. Plan to give each skill and rune a go as i unlock them. Im hoping gear is diverse enough that different builds need radically different items as well.

HP/MP restored! But you're still hungry.

BattleTag Mick-1457

I certainly plan to try every new skill and rune as I get them, but I won't go as far as to use them for a whole level. I can judge pretty quickly which skills are not for me.

I will of course use all the skills with all the different runes, I will be swapping them in and out, seeing how to work with other skills and so on. I wont commit to using for a full level, or any length of time. I might use a new rune and ditch it after 3 kills then come back to it 5 levels later after I have unlocked a rune for a different skill. So much testing that can be done, should be fun stuff

IncGamers Member

I'm going to do the same thing that I've been doing through the beta, likely until Inferno.

1. Whenever I get a new skill or rune variant, automatically switch to use those skills/rune variants.
    2. Whenever I have to return to town/start a new play session, use a random number generation to select skills among all available skills. (Will be modified to account for also randomly selecting runes when that's relevant.)
    3. Swap passives to take advantage of randomly-selected skill build.

This will not only expose me to all the skills and rune variants, but also potentially identify some good/synergistic skill combinations that I may have overlooked.

I really hope that the game is hard enough that this becomes quickly unviable, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan E View Post
    I really hope that the game is hard enough that this becomes quickly unviable, but I doubt it.
    That's why we have Inferno.

After playing beta (ok it's not even close the whole game), I get what's gonna make this game more difficult that it's predecessors.

With the new resource it's not just blind skill spamming like in D2, you need to have strategy for your attacks.

Some skills are powerful but they eat up your whole resource system.

There are defensive skills but they have cooldowns, casting them at the wrong moment can mean a difference between life and death.

Then we have the situation of random monsters affixes, some of them are really dangerous and can kill you in a few hits if you charge into them blindly.

BattleTag Zoe-2982

Sadly, I'll most likely try everything out when I've finished rushing my way to inferno and getting my phat lewt along the way, I've got my planned builds ready so I'll be using them and trying to play the most optimal streamlined game I can. That's just the type of gamer I am though :/

I'll likely try everything out eventually though, in town first to make the swaps faster to see the visuals, then I'll start making other builds for fun