Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 35 of 35
  1. #31
    IncGamers Member z00t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,104

    Re: Thoughts on Haunt and rune options

    Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    My Haunt does 185 damage to Leoric on average, which means 6.16 damage per tick.

    The interesting thing is that during my testing one of my Haunts did 278 damage, which is the expected number for a crit, so DoTs can crit after all. This Haunt ticked for 9 damage constantly, but still displayed white damage numbers. I think this means, that on crit bonuses will be gained only once with DoTs, when we use them.
    That would suck....it'd mean that the +skill item affix for Locust Swarm would be almost-useless, since all it does is increase the crit chance of Locust Swarm, instead of giving it a flat damage increase. Locust Swarm isn't even a spam spell - it's one that you only need to cast a few times in a fight. I don't get that +skill affix choice :S.



  2. #32
    IncGamers Member Jaago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,095

    Re: Thoughts on Haunt and rune options

    A critting Locust Swarm gets the critical damage bonus. If you equip enough gear to boost it to over 100%, the increase in crit% would be a larger increase in the spell's average damage than an equivalent increase in spell damage. But true, WD has no special use for critical hits, so the worth of crit affixes is very low for the class. I could almost call that bad design.




  3. #33
    IncGamers Member Jaago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,095

    Re: Thoughts on Haunt and rune options

    Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    The interesting thing is that during my testing one of my Haunts did 278 damage, which is the expected number for a crit, so DoTs can crit after all. This Haunt ticked for 9 damage constantly, but still displayed white damage numbers. I think this means, that on crit bonuses will be gained only once with DoTs, when we use them.
    That almost raises more questions than it answers, such as what happens if it is an AoE spell that hits multiple monsters. Channeled spells must work with some other mechanic still, but this could indicate that over-the-range numbers are indeed crits. Maybe its so difficult to say because cycle rates and damage number pop-up rates do not match, so that a critting cycle is split into two numbers or something.




  4. #34
    IncGamers Member HardRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    4,090

    Re: Thoughts on Haunt and rune options

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaago View Post
    Maybe its so difficult to say because cycle rates and damage number pop-up rates do not match, so that a critting cycle is split into two numbers or something.
    That would explain certain things, yeah. Making cycles crit, instead of ticks would make sense for channeled spell and it would be consistent with how other skills work. I mean a "cycle" for a normal attack is one hit and for a DoT it's the full duration. Good luck testing this though.



  5. #35
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    15

    Re: Thoughts on Haunt and rune options

    Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    My Haunt does 185 damage to Leoric on average, which means 6.16 damage per tick.

    The interesting thing is that during my testing one of my Haunts did 278 damage, which is the expected number for a crit, so DoTs can crit after all.
    According to the updated DiabloNut there are at least 2 WD skill affixes which boost crit%, one for Acid cloud and one for Locust Swarm.
    Granted, the former is half-DD half-DoT, but the latter definitely has to be 100% DoT.

    Edit: nevermind, I'll refresh the thread before posting next time



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •