Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    IncGamers Member

Re: IAS on windforce strafer

It about doubles according to the character screen ( 4700 to 8900 ) but then that can't be trusted cause it always lies. I know for one thing that +AR on bow skills do not work as advertised.

Since you only other source of AR% is penetrate (which gives about 200 or 250%), Enchant's 200% should almost double your AR. I'd most definitely keep using that, and maybe throw on an AR GC or two.

IncGamers Member

I meant firing guided and before it hits switching to lacerator, like a pvp zon does for proccing things.

IncGamers Member

Ha, sounds like an exploit. No cheese for me please. ( and it wouldn't matter much anyway ).

Quote Originally Posted by hubb View Post
    Pure phys bowas bore me and my builds always end up being hybrids, so I can't help you with the skill layout
    I tried the so called hybrid build before ( LF/strafe, FA/strafe ) and was disappointed with them. The reason is that item slots clash so much- +skills is highly important for those two builds ( and skillers too ), while strafers need absolutely zero in +skills department. Zilch. It was a real mess up, ias helm vs Nightwing's veil, 2/20 BC gloves vs LoH, fortitude vs +2 armor, mara's vs atma/cat's eye etc. etc. The fact is there isn't really anything those builds can do that a well build strafer can't. Other than kill physical immune I guess, but I only run pits now, where there is nothing that is PI, ever.

I will say however that windforce is the key that holds the build together. I earlier tried it with upped WWS, Buriza, Eaglehorn and thought that strafers sucked. With windforce I can clear players 7 pits in a time that my windy druid, poisonmancer, summon/CE mancer etc. can go green with envy. Blam blam blam, strafe multishot knockback killing enemies off sceen. Lovely.

I was surprised at how easily i could clear the pits with just a Harmony bow and basic gear i found along the way.

I have 10 points in penetrate atm and think it will probably be too much eventually (level 92 now).