Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Adventures of a Diablo Noob

Hi All,

I discovered D3 thanks to the open beta and I was hooked, I immediatlely pre-ordered it and while waiting for it's release I decided to give D2 a try;

I also never played any diablo and I started yesterday with D2 lord of destruction;

For what I understood reading posts, it seems that D2 is very unforgiving, meaning that if you do the wrong build then you might get stuck at higher level and you have to start it over again; As I don't have infinite free time , I would also welcome any tips regarding builds without spoiling everything (I play a paladin)

One more thing : it is possible to reset all skill points and reallocate them when speaking to some woman (i do not remind her name) and this is possible immediately after the very first dungeon, is this a way to prevent being stuck with wrong build ? Could I use this feature even at higher level to reallocate everything ?

thanks

David

D3 Demon Hunter Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Welcome to the game and the forums, davidoux.

Check out the Paladin forum, there are some very useful guides out there and it's also a good place to go to for any specific questions about the class. That goes for all classes, not just the Paladin.

In regards to Akara (that's her name), you don't have to use the quest reward reset right away. So yes, you can get it at a higher level (it's pretty silly to waste it on a level 6 character). You can get three resets in fact, once per difficulty. There are three difficulties, so three chances to do the quest, and three chances to get the reward.

- Snow
    When people tell me "plz" just because it's shorter than 'please', I feel perfectly justified to answer 'No' because it's shorter than 'Yes'.
    And the Lord said unto Carl: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'. But Carl came fifth and won a toaster.

Quote Originally Posted by snowieken View Post
    Welcome to the game and the forums, davidoux.

Check out the Paladin forum, there are some very useful guides out there and it's also a good place to go to for any specific questions about the class. That goes for all classes, not just the Paladin.

In regards to Akara (that's her name), you don't have to use the quest reward reset right away. So yes, you can get it at a higher level (it's pretty silly to waste it on a level 6 character). You can get three resets in fact, once per difficulty. There are three difficulties, so three chances to do the quest, and three chances to get the reward.
    Hi snowieken, many thanks for your answer; Do you know if I can stack those resets or do I have to use one just before gaining the other ?

Another question is : actually my objective is to try to beat nightmare and I'd like to know how long it would take (in hours of play) - if it is possible to get such an estimate - ?

D3 Demon Hunter Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

You can stack them. Whenever you reach a new difficulty (Nightmare or Hell), every time you start that character you have to choose which difficulty you like to enter. If you're in Hell difficulty Act 5 and you haven't used a single respec yet, Akara will be waiting for you if you go visit her in Normal difficulty.

As to your second question, I really wouldn't have a clue what to answer since so many people play the game in different ways. Some people explore more, some people have better gear, some people can play longer in contineous sessions (meaning they don't have to "rekill" a zone), ... I'm sure someone can give you a rough estimate, but it differentiates a lot.

- Snow
    When people tell me "plz" just because it's shorter than 'please', I feel perfectly justified to answer 'No' because it's shorter than 'Yes'.
    And the Lord said unto Carl: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'. But Carl came fifth and won a toaster.