Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Question Will the graphics be better on release?

I've been playing the beta for a few weeks now and every time I start a new run through I think the beta graphics seem dull and washed out. the surface levels and the crypts are a good example. the cathedral levels are a bit better but it just seems to be missing definition. I've got everything on MAX in the video settings and a top end video card but then again I dont know if changing the video settings actually does anything in the beta?

I'm hoping the beta graphics have been dumbed down and that the release graphics will be golden.. please please let this be the case

IncGamers Member

Re: Will the graphics be better on release?

That's the art style they went with and after so long in development it was always going to be hard for the game not to look dated.

I don't see how anyone can dislike the look of Diablo 3 - the game's gorgeous :P.

The slightly washed-out look is part of the game's aesthetic, and I have to say, they've really got some top-notch artists. By going for this really painted-looking route, the game has a visually timeless quality that'll age really well. It's much harder to make stuff in 3d look 'timeless' than 2d...stylisation is the way to go, and they've done an amazing job giving D3 its own unique look without going cartoony like WoW or Torchlight.

Bashiok said, on release we get exactly the same what we got in the beta.

Last edited by Kblavkalash; 02-04-2012 at 07:31.

BattleTag Ignatius-1870

I think the best thing Diablo 3 does aesthetically is make everything very clear to the player. After playing PoE where enemies routinely fade into the scenery, you start to appreciate the stylistic approach a lot more, not that I ever had a problem with the art style though.

IncGamers Member

What resolution are you running the game at? I've got it at 1680x1050 and I agree the grapics aren't very impressive, but I don't really mind.

People will argue that how the game looks is a style, rather than dated graphics ..

OFC blizzard will say it is all intentional. *cough* * cough*

As for the style I'm happy with, how the game looks .. rather not. It would have been fine back in 2009.

IncGamers Member

The graphics are AWESOME. They really perfected them IMO.

BattleTag Diab-1350

You have to remember that you've just been playing a fraction of the first act of the game. And if you've been in the beta long, you've been playing it over and over and over again, so of course the graphics would look dull. Take a look at some of the skill videos that Blizzard put up. It kind of blew my mind when I saw them after just seeing nothing but the beta for a while, remembering that the entire game will not look like the beta.

Don't listen to these advocates. They would bash even Battlefield 3's graphics and favour any game from Blizzard.

Couldn't you differentiate monsters from environments in D1 and D2? This argument is a big joke. If anything, it's harder to differentiate monsters from background in d3 than other games because of green/purple/blue hue and fog on everything except in town.

Put on your glasses huns