Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Thoughts on the Revenge skill?

I don't see how revenge would not improve your DPS if you're using it along with something like Cleave. I agree it's a very strong skill, but I don't feel like I have to take it if I'm not playing a tanky brawler build; I know my WotB build doesn't simply have room for it.

Well I'm one of those players who doesn't want to button mash or hold the button down. Playing reactively though, I'm fine with. I guess I would miss out on the maximum potential of revenge in that case. Thus, I hope they tone down the provocation rune effect. Also, both the heal and damage (but especially the heal), do seem way too overpowered in that video at least. you shouldn't be invincible from just taking one skill, otherwise, why does ignore pain have such a long cooldown?

The video is a little misleading because at level 13 in the beta with decent gear, you pretty much one-shot everything with any skill. You will also note that the range of the aoe is fairly small.

BattleTag cozmic0-1632

I think it's against the intend of Blizzard to use Revenge with macro outside the game. Afterall IMO like the skill Overpower in WoW, the intend of Revenge is to keep the gameplay of barbs less mindless and keep the player on their toes for opening that'll give best dps of the moment, make the fighting less stale so to speak.

Hence the higher damage output and heal component is there on purpose, taking into account that you won't get all 100% efficiency on using the skill whenever possible, so using macro or holding the button all the time is clearly not how the dev want players to use Revenge.

Of course I also thought that it's best to get another visual indicator when it procs... Other than simply the skill button light up.

A visual indicator would be good... otherwise I may be forced to consider to put it on my RMB and button mash

IncGamers Member

Not going to put Revenge in my build as it works in its current state. And will probably avoid playing with Barbarians who do. Not fun if you or a guy in your party is in God Mode. Nor is it fun having to constantly spam a key to ensure its efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by cozmiccc View Post
    it's best to get another visual indicator when it procs... Other than simply the skill button light up.
    There's no such thing, but a sound indicates when Revenge becomes active as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas S View Post
    I may be forced to consider to put it on my RMB and button mash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixnatifual View Post
    Nor is it fun having to constantly spam a key to ensure its efficiency.
    No button mashing or spamming is required, you can just keep it's button pressed.

Last edited by HardRock; 05-04-2012 at 12:45.

BattleTag Ask me!

I love this skill. There is a sound going off when Revenge becomes available so there is no need to stare at your skill bar all the time. What could help though is if a combat text appeared midscreen when it becomes available but I think there's an option that allows that.

Anyway, I love the skill and I can't wait to use it in retail!

BattleTag cozmic0-1632

Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    There's no such thing, but a sound indicates when Revenge becomes active as well.

No mashing button mashing or spamming is required, you can just keep it's button pressed.

Keeping a button pressed all the time is no fun, and if it really go against Blizzard intent, they'll simply patch it out.

Sound indicator is fine with me too, as long as it's distinctive, guess I'll have to level a barbs to 13 and try it out soon...

Quote Originally Posted by cozmiccc View Post
    Keeping a button pressed all the time is no fun, and if it really go against Blizzard intent, they'll simply patch it out.
    I don't know why the devs would have a problem with this. It's not always optimal do this, neither from a damage dealing nor a healing standpoint. It should be the player's choice if he wants to do this or not.