Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Thoughts on the Revenge skill?

Another quick question, will the skill grey out after x amount of time of not using it? or can it be activated and used several min later?

It's disabled after about 8 seconds.

IncGamers Member

As the Barbarian's only active healing skill, this one really feels necessary to have.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by ElementEight View Post
    As the Barbarian's only active healing skill, this one really feels necessary to have.
    ??????

Overpower with Revel
    Cleave with Blood Lust
    Ignore Pain with Ignorance is Bliss
    Ancient Spear with Dread Spear
    Furious Charge with Dreadnought
    War Cry with Invigorate

I would consider all of those active healing skills. Some have the potential to burst heal you from 0 to full in .2 seconds flat.

IncGamers Member

You have overpower and furious charge, both with healing runes that heal 8% HP per target hit. Whirlwind has 1% healing per crit - Not much but it's still healing.

Ignore pain and ancient spear have a life steal rune (based on damage dealt).

There is a life steal passive.

Revenge is definitely not the only option, but being 5% healing per enemy hit and being available based on how much you actually get hit, while also dealing good AOE damage, it's definitely a very attractive choice when it comes to healing. On a side note, it seems like revenge has an extra-fast attack animation, though I could just be imagining things and beta ended before I could do some more thorough tests to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by galzohar View Post
    On a side note, it seems like revenge has an extra-fast attack animation, though I could just be imagining things and beta ended before I could do some more thorough tests to make sure.
    It isn't strictly limited by gcd's as other abilities. I wrote a post about it somewhere.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedreams View Post
    ??????

Overpower with Revel
    Cleave with Blood Lust
    Ignore Pain with Ignorance is Bliss
    Ancient Spear with Dread Spear
    Furious Charge with Dreadnought
    War Cry with Invigorate

I would consider all of those active healing skills. Some have the potential to burst heal you from 0 to full in .2 seconds flat.
    Those are no match.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by ElementEight View Post
    Those are no match.
    A couple of those are 8% health per enemy hit on very short cooldowns..which do damage and stun aoe as well. You crazy!

I see where you are going though, it has no cooldown, but it requires you to be hit, and inferno I very much believe being hit a few times is going to kick your teeth in, CCs and stunlocks will be the way of the path, and in such case abilities that rely on getting hit won't be as good.

Lower difficulties though I can see it being much more powerful.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by yovargas View Post
    It DOES have a cost - taking 7 hits (which in some places may be a very significant cost). Nope, I don't see anything OP about it. It's good and interesting but very situational.
    That's not a cost. You aren't taking 7 (more like 3 with Provocation) extra hits because you're using Revenge. You'd take those hits anyway.

The fact remains that in its current state, Revenge will be almost spammable in the situations where you'd need it and get the most out of it. It has one of the highest per-use damage values of all abilities as well as a potentially enormous heal- at no cost whatsoever.

There's the opportunity cost of it using a skill slot, but that's not really a cost. It looks good enough to be worth it; what would you use instead that could be better for the purpose of AoE damage and survivability?

Also, considering the extreme emphasis on AoE damage that so many abilities have in D3, I think it's a safe assumption that most boss fights will be more than Duriel-like 1v1 fights. I expect to see many more fights like Skeleton King where this ability absolutely shines.

This skill would have been pretty good if it had either one of its two functions. With both, it looks phenomenal.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagafen View Post
    That's not a cost. You aren't taking 7 (more like 3 with Provocation) extra hits because you're using Revenge. You'd take those hits anyway.

The fact remains that in its current state, Revenge will be almost spammable in the situations where you'd need it and get the most out of it. It has one of the highest per-use damage values of all abilities as well as a potentially enormous heal- at no cost whatsoever.

There's the opportunity cost of it using a skill slot, but that's not really a cost. It looks good enough to be worth it; what would you use instead that could be better for the purpose of AoE damage and survivability?
    Agreed. Absolutely the best skill, mechanically, the barb has (at least with ViM or the 30% rune.)

I anticipate it will be given a cool down come launch.