Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: I hate cooldowns!

It is quite possible to build characters that avoid cooldowns. Not every skill has one. If you don't like that playstyle, don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirAdis View Post
    Same here, expecialy the 43 day cooldown before I get to play D3.
    Someone had to beat me to it.

IncGamers Member

Well if they would go without cds, then they would have to make blizzard, fetish army, call of the ancients etc last only 1-2 seconds... which is kinda dumb

BattleTag TedintheShed-1135

Quote Originally Posted by Galabab View Post
    I HAAAAAAAAAAATE COOLDOWNS WOW-LIKE SH**! I want diablo2-like no coolddown skill spamming.
    I dont want to watch my bottom bar all the time. I want come home drunk and have 100% of my characters power with 1% brain activity.
    I agree with this part 100%.

It is a myth that cool downs add play depth.

IncGamers Member

so, you're also playing Diablo game drunk?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by thewoodshed View Post
    I agree with this part 100%.

It is a myth that cool downs add play depth.
    I think he's making an april's fool.

Also, in case you aren't, no. You're wrong. Without cooldowns, your skills must all be on the same level in terms of strength, and epicness loses its sense.

IncGamers Member

I've found cooldowns are rapidly driving me away from gaming in general. It really kills the sensation of fluid gameplay, since whenever you have skills on cool down and try to progress, you're not progressing at peak efficiency. For me, doing that, even at low levels, is unimaginable, so what happens is I find myself standing around waiting for the cool downs to end before moving on. Considering I have less time to play games these days to begin with, I really don't want to spend what time I do have just standing there looking at a ticker tock down. It's funny, because the last time this was even a concern was in Megaman, where I'd wait two secs or so to have a charged Mega Buster before moving on.

I like the wizard, but so much time is spent with that character standing there waiitng for Frost Nova to come back up after each fight, and then it gets worse because I find myself waiting for Wave of Force as well. As far as the D3 beta goes, I only have two complaints about it. 1: Cool downs, (not so much the concept, but the length. They're just too long. No cool downs should last longer than 6 seconds, except maybe the 'super' abilities like Archon, and those can be extended by killing foes...) and 2: How melee monsters can hit you from across the screen without having to complete their attack animations if you were close to them when they started the animation.

D2 sort of had cool downs, in the limitation of resources. The upside was you eventually outgrew these limitations. Aside from the rune effects that reduce cooldown durations by a piddly amount, you're essentially stuck with the cool down durations forever.

There are many skills that are spamable. Something like CotA not having cooldown just doesn't make sense.

IncGamers Member

I like cooldowns.

Me too. When they're done right, they make a game much more fun for me. The challenge for the D3 devs is to make skills with long cooldowns really powerful, while not making them required to be viable, so that players who don't like cooldowns don't feel like they have to choose them.

Also, people who are saying that D2 didn't have cooldowns are wrong.

Last edited by HardRock; 01-04-2012 at 17:23.