Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

I hate cooldowns!

This is not meant to be a rage/qq thread....
    SCREW IT! Yes, it IS!

I HAAAAAAAAAAATE COOLDOWNS WOW-LIKE SH**! I want diablo2-like no coolddown skill spamming.
    I dont want to watch my bottom bar all the time. I want come home drunk and have 100% of my characters power with 1% brain activity. In other words I want to enjoy the vibe and the smashing rather than the bar and it's flashing.

Whoever does not agree is a weird little man.

IncGamers Member

Re: I hate cooldowns!

Cooldowns add combat depth.

BattleTag Ignatius-1870

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0

Is this you waiting for Frost Nova?

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Namik-2329

Yes, because WoW innovated coolodowns on skills.

IncGamers Member

We fundamentaly disagree. I think cooldowns add to the depth of the combat system, there is no challange in just spamming skills and see cooldowns as one of the major improvements of D3.
    Since you seem to not agree with Blizzards goals, maybe this game is not for you?

Diablo 3 is striving to be less mindless than Diablo 2.

From the very beginning, in 2008, I realised where Blizzard wanted D3 to go in terms of tactical combat.

Combat in D3 is so much more interesting for so many reasons. It all begins with the change to health pots / town portal. In the past, because you could chug a million health pots, or town portal instantly to safety, the only way that the game could be challenging is to have monsters suddenly insta-kill you.

Now, because you can't chug infinite health potions, and because you can't town portal to safety any time you want, Blizzard can make combat encounters far more interesting. Monsters don't have instagib you anymore, so they can pace combat in such a way that tactical skills with cooldowns are important and compelling.

I've always had a problem with action RPGs, yes, even the past Diablo games. It's one thing to have a powerful character, but it's another for combat (even against monsters of your level) to be boring.

Same here, expecialy the 43 day cooldown before I get to play D3... Cooldowns are just another resource-like system, wether you dont have AP/Mana/Rage/Spirit/Hatered/Discipline to cast something or you simply have to wait 10 or 20 sec to recast a skill.

IncGamers Member

"Tactical gameplay" = slow everything to a crawl, add cooldowns, add buff/debuff skills.

i think cool downs make the game better. work on your build, balance instant vs cooldown abilities. you will be fine. it will be fun

IncGamers Member

i have crazy idea ; hang on to your hat buddy here it comes ; how about you only choose skills without cooldowns ?! mindblowing isn't it ?

but i suppose blizzard could also remove all cooldowns and balance the skills accordingly ; however i think that 0,5 sec duration frostnova, a 120% wpn dmg earthquake , or an 9% wpn dmg / swing call of the ancients are not very exciting.

if you do not agree with me you are a [insert personal fav insult] !!!

its because of voices like him that games like ME3 and d3 get dumbed down.
    hell why do i even try to reason with him -___-

Last edited by WhiteGiant; 01-04-2012 at 16:03.