Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

petition for an offline mode!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey all

guys do you think we could file a petition for a separate offline mode for Diablo 3 ??

How will it work:
    The system of offline should be a combination of the D2 system; where u have an offline mode with unlimited number of characters and a separate online mode which is equivalent to the current mode in the beta (limited to 10 characters per profile) and the SC2 system where u need to be online even in single player to get the single player achievements but if u aren't online then u can play but with no achievements (for story, builds testing and mayb hard-coring without the fear of latency or internet dropping).

Why it IS important:
    1) Simply put it this way u will certainly face situations that u might not have internet (not all countries have internet every where as mister jay thinks) like going to a family place or travelling or working abroad or having low quality internet connection ..........etc, and that is one of many situations that all of us Will certainly face and at the beginning it might not seem a problem until it happens more than once.

2)a- Hardcore characters will be unplayable in later difficalties off-course not because of the challenge from monsters and difficulties but because of the challenge of latency or internet dropping or mayb server maintenance or updates!!!!!! cuz really if this happens with me and i see a fragile character such as my darling Wizard die in hell or nightmare because i had some *#@! high latency i may smash my PC and then never go back to Diablo 3 (Of-course i may not do this or will I won't know until release ) i know that this MAY be solved through the pause function but even this they don't have it implemented

2)b- Bashiok answer to this (hardcore c/cs facing latency ) was really really!! disappointing to the point that i wouldn't want to try a hardcore from the fear of frustration not from the pride of the challenge, because when my character die from a monster attack on a hell or inferno difficulty i would feel proud to have such an achievement but to die from latency or internet dropping that would be a disappointment

BTW i know that some may have written on such a topic and maybe the same solution but i really needed to share my thoughts and See what all off u think and how can we make Blizzard listen to this in an effective way much as they listened to followers (or was it luck)

thanks and Lots of love to u all 4rom Egypt

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    This topic was beat to death months ago.

Blizzard will not change it, and it's not even really possible at this point even if they wanted to.

There was a petition about this a while back and it failed miserably, which only proved to blizzard that they were right.

And for the record, I would love to see an offline mode too.

IncGamers Member
    I understand that some people might have problems getting their hands on a decent internet connection but the advantages for the whole player base regarding anti hack/dupe/whatever measures just outweigh those problems easily.
    Atleast thats what I think. But I'll have no problem with finding a decent connection anyway...

Edit: And yeah the topic should be left alone and considered dead by now.

Re: petition for an offline mode!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to see an offline mode, however it is too late for that kind of change - as well as I recal a past petition that failed miserably for the same cause.

Shame.

I am going to start a petition that no one who has an issue with any video game ever again can start a petition. (not just related to D3 but it would be a start)

i am gonna start a petition for pvp arena in offline mode

IncGamers Member

I expect Blizz will answer your calls for an offline mode. Unfortunately, it'll be 2 or 3 leap years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by LuMpX View Post
    anti hack/dupe/whatever measures just outweigh those problems easily.
    lulz
    Already maphack and the budding starts of botting.

It's not worth this:

But no, it won't change.

IncGamers Member

just wait for game to get cracked?
    online only is just form of DRM, not much else

Quote Originally Posted by hatred View Post
    just wait for game to get cracked?
    online only is just form of DRM, not much else

I can't even remember how many times it's been said that you don't "crack" an online game.