Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: How do you think the passive One With Everything will play out?

I think One With Everything will be situational. It is possible at high levels that we drop it for other passives. But it is also possible that we find a single unique item that has an abnormally high resistance to one element that, combined with OWE, allows us to use some other great item that might have some powerful affixes but not resistances. So it will have some use, if you find the right item and tailor your build around it.

IncGamers Member Such Violent Storms's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Torr View Post
    I think One With Everything will be situational. It is possible at high levels that we drop it for other passives. But it is also possible that we find a single unique item that has an abnormally high resistance to one element that, combined with OWE, allows us to use some other great item that might have some powerful affixes but not resistances. So it will have some use, if you find the right item and tailor your build around it.
    I'd have to agree with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    70 resist at level 60 equals 19% damage reduction. That's not much. If your Armor is low, then you'll probably need a lot more than that.
    It was an example number.

IncGamers Member

its gonna depend on if you want to permanently sacrifice 1 passive slot to this and gear up finding gear with a certain mresist...cause its insanely strong if you do. and if your willing to risk your gear progression on a skill that could be nerfed anytime. skills not for me

Quote Originally Posted by itstheMZez View Post
    its gonna depend on if you want to permanently sacrifice 1 passive slot to this and gear up finding gear with a certain mresist...cause its insanely strong if you do. and if your willing to risk your gear progression on a skill that could be nerfed anytime. skills not for me
    I think you're looking at it wrong. There is no such thing as "permanant sacrifice" when it comes to assigning passives. You play, you find gear, you don't think about OWE until you see an item that might help you exploit what it can do for your monk. As for risking gear for skills... just stash an alternate gear set if you're really worried about it being nerfed. The stash is pretty darn big... especially without the need to collect runes anymore. I personally doubt a skill like OWE is likely to be the target of a nerf. If anything, if there is some crazy unique resist item giving monks an unfair advantage with OWE, I would guess that it would be the item that is nerfed rather than the skill.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Torr View Post
    I think you're looking at it wrong. There is no such thing as "permanant sacrifice" when it comes to assigning passives. You play, you find gear, you don't think about OWE until you see an item that might help you exploit what it can do for your monk. As for risking gear for skills... just stash an alternate gear set if you're really worried about it being nerfed. The stash is pretty darn big... especially without the need to collect runes anymore. I personally doubt a skill like OWE is likely to be the target of a nerf. If anything, if there is some crazy unique resist item giving monks an unfair advantage with OWE, I would guess that it would be the item that is nerfed rather than the skill.
    guess what i said came out wrong, all i really ment was that this skill needs a bit more dedication than other skills, specifically the alternate gear set you mentioned. maybe i'll be wrong but if your able to stack this passive properly i can see definitely see certain parts of the game especially on inferno being much easier for monks then other classes vs elemental mobs

1:1 conversion seems to strong since you should be able to find atleast double/triple the values for specific resists vs globals

It does seem strong, though it is a high level passive, and there are some pretty strong high level passives that the other classes have as well. Two that come instantly to mind is the Barb passive that basically gives you +30% damage as long as 3 enemies are near you. That's alot of extra damage. The other one I always think of is the DH one where basically he/she can crit constanly... they get I think +3% crit per second until they crit and then it resets and starts over again. I think if the monk had a passive like that everyone would have it... it seems too good to pass up.

Undoubtedly Blizz will nerf stuff. But just recalling D2, it's hard to really know what the truly "broken" skills are yet. Some skill will get exploited and nerfed for sure, but my personal opinion is that OWE is where they want it to be.