Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Build brainstorm: the Relentless Bomber

So for every single fight, you have to stand still and get hit until 20% health before springing to action? Not sure how fun that is going to be

Hardrock: When I fight Leoric, I do see the follower picking up orbs. Not 100% sure, I concede.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas S View Post
    So for every single fight, you have to stand still and get hit until 20% health before springing to action? Not sure how fun that is going to be
    Not for every fight. You do it once and then try to survive with Seismic Slam, Dread Bomb and possibly other skills as well.

Hardrock: When I fight Leoric, I do see the follower picking up orbs. Not 100% sure, I concede.
    Could you check this out? I only have partial access to the beta and my time will only come in a few hours.

Will do mate but I too will only be able to get home in a few hours

why ancient spear as a generator and not leap attack?
    It seems generating more fury and getting further away from enemies would be more useful than generating less fury and pulling enemies closer

Leap generates the same amount of Fury as Ancient Spear. It requires you to hit something for the Fury gain though, so you have to jump at an enemy (or breakable), which I don't want to do when I'm on low health.

Ancient Spear is a much safer alternative for maintaining a large pool of Fury and with the Rage Flip rune it actually pushes enemies away, instead of pulling them towards you.

Will do mate but I too will only be able to get home in a few hours
    Oh, sorry, I didn't know what timezone you were in.

I don't know the barb skills inside and out, so I won't suggest anything specifically.

But... I think there are 2 things which would help this build out:
    1) Extremely high vitality from gear. The more health you have, the more health you'll have at 20%. With this in mind, the passive Nerves of Steel is a no-brainer.
    2) A method of injuring yourself in a predictable way (besides standing around getting hit by enemies). As far as I know, there is no such method in the game, unfortunately!

Quote Originally Posted by kar View Post
    A method of injuring yourself in a predictable way (besides standing around getting hit by enemies). As far as I know, there is no such method in the game, unfortunately!
    Of course there is! Why haven't I thought of this before? I'm an idiot, that's why.

Equipping gear with Vitality on it only raises your maximum HP at the moment and not your current HP. If we need to go back below 20% we should just re-equip some Vitality gear, which we'll have plenty of.

EDIT: No, followers can't pickup health globes. Just tested this.

Last edited by HardRock; 29-03-2012 at 18:33.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Adult-1709

Can you unequip/equip things on the fly/in combat? i.e. be in battle, hoving around the magic numbers, then receive a (unwanted) heal, then quickly unequip your highest vit/% items to get back to the magic numbers? It could be viable for team play if you can dart out of combat and "fix" your stats, as long as it doesn't happen all the time.

I think, without the option to abstain from health orbs (like an opt out?) this build will require to much micro management to fly in team play.

It could be a really fun build for goofing off once you're high level. It might even be a beastly killer farmer. I'll probably experiment with it on release.

At the moment, you can un- and re-equip any items at any time, even in combat.