Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Betamaxxed

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore TheDarkSide's Avatar
    BattleTag Hellswraith-1116

Betamaxxed

So yeah I achieved this last night so I can now go decorate a new flag ...

yiiipppeeee !!!

BattleTag Mick-1457

Re: Betamaxxed

Did you expect something more?

BattleTag Ask me!

I really like that achievements unlock visuals for your banner. If they didn't I honestly wouldn't care a rats behind about achievements, but now I'm VERY psyched to go hunting for them.

IncGamers Site Pal
    Diablo 3 Beta Tester
    BattleTag Bowzer -1925

I betamaxed when I first got into the beta a couple patches ago, but honestly I haven't been motivated to play at all since then.

IncGamers Member

If you notice, different types of achievements are being tested.

Achievements linked to events.
    Achievements linked to storyline/quest completion.
    Achievements linked to crafting.
    Achievements linked to class based completion.
    Achievements linked to events.
    Achievements linked to completing other achievements.

And these include or not different rewards.

They've covered a pretty broad spectrum with as few achievements as they could sensefully do it (1 per class, so 5, not merely 2, for instance...).

For this reason, I don't think they planned to offer a permanent reward for betamaxxed.

BattleTag Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by ElementEight View Post
    For this reason, I don't think they planned to offer a permanent reward for betamaxxed.
    I think you're right. It would have been awesome for me to have a beta achievement but since the D3 beta is more of a lucky draw than an actual achievement, it would be wrong.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Urzuxo View Post
    I think you're right. It would have been awesome for me to have a beta achievement but since the D3 beta is more of a lucky draw than an actual achievement, it would be wrong.
    Eh, even then, some companies reward beta testers. Rift (which I was in) got the Earthshaper title, Swtor something as well I believe. Sure, they're mmo, but heck, D3 could almost be a mmo if there was no player limit, instanceing and respawns.

BattleTag Eeryck-1961

Quote Originally Posted by ElementEight View Post
    Eh, even then, some companies reward beta testers. Rift (which I was in) got the Earthshaper title, Swtor something as well I believe. Sure, they're mmo, but heck, D3 could almost be a mmo if there was no player limit, instanceing and respawns.
    Technically, each Diablo "game" or "room" is an instanced event. What the game is missing is the contiguous over-world w/o player limit and with random trash mobs that are rather useless.

IncGamers Site Pal
    Diablo 3 Beta Tester
    BattleTag Xariov-6328

It'd be hard to have a reward for it as many people will have achieved Betamaxed in an earlier patch but not the latest. No doubt there would be plenty of whinging from those who didn't get it anything permanent if they failed to gain it again in the latest patch.

That being said, I'd give a 98% probability to there being no permanent/release achievement tied to the beta achievements anyway. I don't believe this ever happened with SC2 or any WoW beta tests, so I can't imagine why they'd break tradition for D3.

I always try to Betamax with every patch so I'd love to get some sort of acknowledgement for that (Feat of Strength)... but it's most probably not going to happen. And fair enough.

BattleTag Diab-1350

Please please please Blizzard, don't make a nice-looking banner decoration for having all classes to clvl 60! I don't want to have to level a WD. D: