Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Guilds in Diablo 3?

Can anyone point me to some information in regards to this?

Re: Guilds in Diablo 3?

Currently no guilds or any info about them :( I think they said they * might * be thinking about clans and how to put them in.

I ask because I currently head up an Action RPG games community and I am looking to start a Diablo 3 Chapter, in time for the release of the game.

Any more information?

There will be nothing of the sort for a good while if they put it in at all. Your best bet is to start the chapter have have them all meet up on the forums and/or vent and add all the battle tags on friends list to party up that way. I can't remember if you can make your own chat channels or not for in game guild chat they can all join, but if they do that's another thing to use to keep the members together and for people to find others to quest with. That's what our group will be looking to do.

Sorry I couldn't be more help to ya.

Even without the clan function there are probably tons of them right now, just like in D2.

We have Vent, so communication won't be an issue.

If anyone keen keep to head up our guild, please PM me or post here for more information. We currently have a strong presence in Path of Exile and wish to have the same with our Diablo 3 Chapter. I won't have enough time I look after other areas within the site.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by raveharu View Post
    Even without the clan function there are probably tons of them right now, just like in D2.
    D2 has private chat channels. Last I heard, D3 doesnt? I dont really care what other functions they give for Clans/Guilds as long as they put in the ability to make private chat channels.

Quote Originally Posted by weedjj View Post
    D2 has private chat channels. Last I heard, D3 doesnt? I dont really care what other functions they give for Clans/Guilds as long as they put in the ability to make private chat channels.
    They really put us in the mystery for this one. They said they were working on the chat interface for the final game. So far, in the beta, you can't create or join any channel that isn't on their list. I know it would be damn stupid if they don't implement private chat channels, but who knows? It's Blizzard Activision after all...

BattleTag blackdeath 2100

diablo-guilds.com

IncGamers Member

The core issue is b.net 2.0 which is designed by that console douche who "forgot" to put in any kind of community interaction features whatsoever. Battle.net is a joke for SC2 and will be a joke for D3 aswell.