Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Thread: Hello

IncGamers Member One nOOb to rule them all's Avatar

Hello

I recently started playing Diablo 2 again after a few years off. I still love the game, unfortunately I am fed up with B.net. The constant ad bots and PM's are bad. I probably have no way to be legit and compete on the ladder, when every item and rune is being duped and sold.

I was still willing to look past this and keep on playing, until I had a lv 1 guy join my Hell game and ask me to help him, I told him to go back to normal and level up, that's all the help I am willing to give. He then went on a tirade how I was a n00b for playing the game the way it was designed and how glitching yourself to higher difficulty levels is the best method and anyone who says otherwise is a n00b. That was the last straw to me, I switched back to playing SP and was hoping to find some legit players on Open B.Net. I had no luck though they were all edited characters and the ones I came across that claimed they were legit were clearly not, as they were using ladder only runewords.

I came across your forum on a google search and that's about all I can think of for an introduction from me.

If anyone wants my ladder items I am more than willing to pass them on to anyone who plays legit and will use them, since I have no interest in playing ladder anymore. It's not much though since I have been playing for around a week. Burriza socket with P skull, giant skull socket with a P topaz and an accidental Amn, oak currio and a wealth RW on a ring mail are my only real achievements. I have a few medium runes and an assortment of P gems.

I am hoping I enjoy my stay here, and can find some people similar to myself to play or at least interact with.

IncGamers Member

Re: Hello

Welcome, and please enjoy your stay.

If you are willing to do a complete restart in Single Player and never go onto open b.net then I welcome you to play and trade over in the Single Player Forum. The SPF is all about trust of being legit, especially if you decide to trade or MP with its members. Thyiad the forum moderator is very welcoming and nice, but also very strict with the rules so please read them carefully. Any questions you have can be PMed her or e-mailed until you have 10 posts. Her e-mail is in the SPF Rules under the heading Contacts.

Even if you decide not to join the SPF there are some nice things you might want to check out. Things that will allow you to make ladder-only rune words, RWM, and mule easily between characters, ATMA and GoMule, without having to use MP to do it. If you need help with any of these programs please post in the sticky here. In that thread you can also download the RWM and ATMA or GoMule.

Now in reply to your post. I find it funny how someone professing to have the best leveling method relies on the charity of others to get it done. You did the right thing, trust me. There are many here who feel the same way about the current state of B.net

Edit: Just re-read your post and saw the part about ladder-only rune words in SP. The RWM and ATMA/GoMule are considered Forum Approved Mods (FAM), Mods being a loose term in this context. ATMA and GoMule are pretty standard on the forum, these do not modify the character in anyway. They only allow trading between characters and ability to create a stash instead of having multiple mules to hold your items. The RWM on the other hand not everyone uses, there are some SPF traders who do not use it. The term for them is Vanilla, meaning no RWM. Just check the trader profile when you decide to trade and see what they use. Good luck with what ever you decide.

Last edited by Ladvarian; 27-03-2012 at 01:23.

IncGamers Member One nOOb to rule them all's Avatar

Re: Hello

Thanks for the links. One question though, what do you mean by this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladvarian View Post
    If you are willing to do a complete restart in Single Player and never go onto open b.net
    What's wrong with Open B.Net? Would seem easier to play with people, just create a password protected game to keep the character editor users out and anyone else that is unwanted. Or is there some reason I am not aware of to not use Open B.Net?

-Edit-Nevermind I found the reason amonst the novel you guys call the rules . I think banning Open is kind of taking it to the extreme, but whatever I can live without it.

Sounds like I would lean towards the Vanilla side of the game as you put it. A tool for muling doesn't sound bad at all, especially if it saves the time of using multiple computers or the risk of using open B.Net and then waiting 5 minutes then hope your game does not insta-close.

Last edited by One nOOb to rule them all; 27-03-2012 at 04:04.