Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Best Consistent Sacrifice WD Ever!!!

I fully agree with you FizzyBubby. I for once want to try the tanking dog building, to work with torns/life regen. Of course this might work very bad in the end, I just think it is worth a try. So the dogs are mainly a big nuke to finish the job. Considering the pace I see in the fights, these should be able to be used once every 2/3 fights, hardly more than that. They are still a great o sh*** button, as 800% is nothing to scoof at.

My build will be something along the following lines

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...jTQ!gTd!YYZZYc

BattleTag FizzyBubbly-1527

Quote Originally Posted by emiliorf View Post
    I fully agree with you FizzyBubby. I for once want to try the tanking dog building, to work with torns/life regen. Of course this might work very bad in the end, I just think it is worth a try. So the dogs are mainly a big nuke to finish the job. Considering the pace I see in the fights, these should be able to be used once every 2/3 fights, hardly more than that. They are still a great o sh*** button, as 800% is nothing to scoof at.

My build will be something along the following lines

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...jTQ!gTd!YYZZYc

I like the idea of a thorns pet build but it is obviously very reliant on how good the thorns attributes will be on gear. However I am not 100% on having summon zombie dogs, mass confusion- devolution, and Big Bad voodoo-boogie man all together in the same build. It feels over committed to sacrifice and if all you're doing is sacrificing your dogs a bunch then the thorns really wont have the effect you're looking for. Also I'm worried that by adding Big Bad Voodoo-boogie man you are "sacrificing" a spell slot that you could use for more consistent dmg spells like Grasp or Locust. I would suggest to even switch out big bad voodoo for fetish army-leggion of daggers. Why? because the dagger guys are up in the enemies face and if the game sees them as "pets" when summoned then they will have better synergy with the thorns. If they aren't regarded as pets when summoned then i would go with some type of dot spell that you don't spam so you can continue to spam your frogs. For me that's Locust.

If i was going to make a dedicated thorns build based on yours I would come up with something like this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...jTP!gZd!YcYYYb

It actually gets rid of sacrifice completely but with Mass confusion-paranoia and Zombie wall-pile on you get near the same damage of sacrifice but also you get to keep your dogs doing damage and their thorns doing more dmg with the buff from paranoia too. Fetish legion is there for the reason stated earlier(if thorns works that way). With Zombie dogs-leeching beast, zombie handler, and Jungle fort your dogs should stay alive almost all the time making you have your thorns doing the most dmg they can.

I guess i digressed a bit but ya... thanks for your input, I really cant wait to try out a bunch of builds come launch. Now i have about 6 saved on my comp lol. It's gonna take a bit to find the appropriated gear for each build to test properly, at least i already warned my girlfriend about may 15th

IncGamers Member

Ok, so with this build I’m getting the idea that you summon your dogs, wait the cd on the summon dogs, go into battle with all your skills ready and the gargantuan summoned, mass confusion then locust swarm then sacrifice, and then chain sacrifice all newly summoned zombie dogs until you have none left (doing this really quickly) then resummoning your zombie dogs (you waited the 60s cd before entering battle) and sacrificing them straight away, and then either poison darting or chain sacrificing the newly spawned dogs? Am I getting the right idea?
    Now, firstly: if the sacrifice damage is counted as the dogs dealing damage themselves and will heal you with the "leeching beasts" rune effect then this is a really REALLY cool build imo (can anyone confirm if this is the case?)
    Secondly: holy hell if you manage to sacrifice the original 4, get lucky and 4 new ones to sacrifice, and then resacrifice via the actual zombie dog skill... that’s like 2400% weapon damage in 12 yards within seconds (if you manage to stack enemies and dogs properly, which should be doable with other allies using their classes cc)
    am I thinking this through properly?
    Ehhh now I kind of feel bad, this is making me want to play WD before the WIZ :(

IncGamers Member

I'd just wish i could blow up 1 Zombiedog of my choosing at the time instead of all 3 :/ I also donkt like that pretty much all area effect spells deal exactly the same dmg to all targets it hits ;

id prefer if the Zombie dog dealt like
    300% dmg in 4 yd proximity
    200% in 7yd and
    100% in 10yd

Quote Originally Posted by beauzulu View Post
    Ok, so with this build Iím getting the idea that you summon your dogs, wait the cd on the summon dogs, go into battle with all your skills ready and the gargantuan summoned, mass confusion then locust swarm then sacrifice, and then chain sacrifice all newly summoned zombie dogs until you have none left (doing this really quickly) then resummoning your zombie dogs (you waited the 60s cd before entering battle) and sacrificing them straight away, and then either poison darting or chain sacrificing the newly spawned dogs? Am I getting the right idea?
    Now, firstly: if the sacrifice damage is counted as the dogs dealing damage themselves and will heal you with the "leeching beasts" rune effect then this is a really REALLY cool build imo (can anyone confirm if this is the case?)
    Secondly: holy hell if you manage to sacrifice the original 4, get lucky and 4 new ones to sacrifice, and then resacrifice via the actual zombie dog skill... thatís like 2400% weapon damage in 12 yards within seconds (if you manage to stack enemies and dogs properly, which should be doable with other allies using their classes cc)
    am I thinking this through properly?
    Ehhh now I kind of feel bad, this is making me want to play WD before the WIZ :(
    While the combo of consecutive sacrifices is possible with the build I still wanted my pets to be strong enough where they are useful in fights where I don't want to blow them up. With the dogs, Gargantuan, darts, and locust you should be able to not have to wait for cooldowns. When I originally thought of this build my one goal was to not have it impede forward progression meaning not having to wait on cd's.

Ideally you would play in this manner

- Summon dogs upon entering world. (by the time your start killing stuff they will be off cd)
    - When dealing with small pack of creatures just use locust, darts, and pets.
    - bigger pack use locust, suicide, hard summon dogs to finish (darts and more locus when needed)
    - Champion pack + adds use locust, suicide, hard summon dogs, locust, mass confusion, suicide (the last suicide should be the kill blow and should give you 3 out of your 4 dogs so you can continue to next pack)

* You will notice that you try to stagger the hard summon of dogs and the mass confusion about 30 secs apart from each other and only use both in the same chain when the mass confuse/suicide will be the killing blow so that by the time you move to the next pack your hard summon will be off cd.
    - For a single target boss fight you play as a pure pet class, rotate between locust and darts. suicide only when you can hard summon your dogs back.
    - For a boss fight with adds you would ideally have your pets on the boss, mass confuse and locust the adds, then when the adds are about to drop suicide your dogs that are on the boss and the adds dropping from the locust should refresh your dogs to continue on the boss.

Again this build is meant to be above all else consistent and not an "AHHHHHHHH suicide!! suicide!! suicide!! ok lets wait a minute" type of build even though you could potentially do that.

Hope this gives a better idea of how i intended the build to be played

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by FizzyBubbly View Post
    While the combo of consecutive sacrifices is possible with the build I still wanted my pets to be strong enough where they are useful in fights where I don't want to blow them up. With the dogs, Gargantuan, darts, and locust you should be able to not have to wait for cooldowns. When I originally thought of this build my one goal was to not have it impede forward progression meaning not having to wait on cd's.

Ideally you would play in this manner

- Summon dogs upon entering world. (by the time your start killing stuff they will be off cd)
    - When dealing with small pack of creatures just use locust, darts, and pets.
    - bigger pack use locust, suicide, hard summon dogs to finish (darts and more locus when needed)
    - Champion pack + adds use locust, suicide, hard summon dogs, locust, mass confusion, suicide (the last suicide should be the kill blow and should give you 3 out of your 4 dogs so you can continue to next pack)

* You will notice that you try to stagger the hard summon of dogs and the mass confusion about 30 secs apart from each other and only use both in the same chain when the mass confuse/suicide will be the killing blow so that by the time you move to the next pack your hard summon will be off cd.
    - For a single target boss fight you play as a pure pet class, rotate between locust and darts. suicide only when you can hard summon your dogs back.
    - For a boss fight with adds you would ideally have your pets on the boss, mass confuse and locust the adds, then when the adds are about to drop suicide your dogs that are on the boss and the adds dropping from the locust should refresh your dogs to continue on the boss.

Again this build is meant to be above all else consistent and not an "AHHHHHHHH suicide!! suicide!! suicide!! ok lets wait a minute" type of build even though you could potentially do that.

Hope this gives a better idea of how i intended the build to be played
    ahhh ok i understand what you meant now
    sounds really cool! but one question you didnt answer! does the leaching beasts rune combo with sacrifice?
    id love to run around with this build - mainly because i could play your style and move around consistently
    or i could just go balls-to-the-wall and blow a bunch of dogs up then wait a bit
    cant wait to start experimenting in a few days time!

There's no way to confirm the sacrifice leeching dog combo in the beta atm. However even if it doesn't work as we are hoping i would still go with leeching dogs for the simple sustain of the pet part of the build.

BattleTag ChaosMagika-2981

My guess is the viability depends how the summon zombie dog abilities scale.

If you consider you have mass confusion and big bad voodoo active you could either have:
    You have 50% + 50% =
    every monster spawns a dog
    50% spawn one dog, 25% two dogs, 25% no dog
    it is capped to a dog per monster so you are capped at 75%

Even with passives reducing your cooldown it is unlikely to use it consistently without the next akin. (35% chance of respawn for each dog)
    Which would give you 1.4, 0.5 and 0.17 dogs on average.

If this is supposed to work it should only if you are able to deal enough damage to 1-hit kill a group with that 4*200% aoe since grave injustice will work best if your killing speed is already ridiculously high in the first place. I would choose to boost intelligence as far as possible using soul harvest + gruesome feast.
    Hopefully this would make this playable even without insane equipment.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...djQ!dYT!cZZYZc

So in retrospect the leaching beasts ability might not be the best choice anyway since final gift provides consistent health globes which can heal you and boost damage at the same time.

Last edited by Chaosmage; 05-04-2012 at 12:20.

BattleTag ChaosMagika-2981

Addling Toads

Mutate to yellow frogs that deal 130% weapon damage as Poison and have a 15% chance to Confuse affected enemies for 4 second

You know what am I thinking...

That should work. I like your build, it looks almost as if I had designed it myself. :P It's kind of sad that the synergy is so strong that there isn't room for any single-target boss killer skill, but I can accept that if dog parts will be flying as often as I think they will be.

I don't think it's really necessary to cast MC and BBV on top of each other anyways, you get more consistency if you save them for different encounters, and BBV should handle any big crowd with the help of some toads already.