Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Re: Best Consistent Sacrifice WD Ever!!!

Sorry, didn't know you had troubles with that video.

Yeah, confused enemies thankfully don't become allies.

Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    The paranoia part is just flavor. Did you watch the video antvoltie linked?

The Mass Hysteria rune is pretty clear too. Let's say that you have 15 enemies in range and that MC has a 50% chance to confuse. In that case you'll confuse 7-8 enemies on average. Out of the remaining 8 either 6 (100% stun chance, unlikely) or 4 (MC's 50% chance, this the more likely scenario) will be stunned and 2 or 4 will remain unaffected by the skill.
    Yeah, this seems correct in terms of how MC will work with Devolution. As I said previously, MC is better than BBV in terms of spawning dogs (if you only use each skill once) so long as you average just over 2 dogs per use. Which may be common seeing as how you would (on average) need more than 8 enemies to get over 2 dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaago View Post
    BBV is very good in some situations, namely when it lets you have a Sacrifice chain reaction. SZD and MC only allow you to get so many dogs, which might end up insufficient when there is a large influx of monsters. An example would be the jar of souls event, or any place where the concentration of monster packs is high. I'd definitely give it a go and see how it performs before ruling it out.
    This is a good point that I thought of as well. Because BBV has a huge range, lasts 20sec, and increases your attack speed, it's possible you could get 2 dog spawns off of 1 use. However, you would have to be in an area suited for this kind of use. But it could definitely be very good in such a situation.

Overall, whether you get SH or BBV would probably depend on 1) How much intellect you have and 2) How easy it is to keep the 50% intellect from Gruesome Feast up consistently. Basically you would have to have a massive amount of intellect and be having trouble keeping the 50% up to go with BBV in my opinion. Because it would have to be a situation where the 650 intellect from SH is < 10%/20% of your total intellect. And if the Gruesome Feast works on SH, you would have to have even more intellect to make you drop SH.

This is speaking of your individual damage of course. Maybe you would get BBV for situational needs like fighting a certain boss, etc.

Even under these situations where you're consistently under the 50% intellect and you have a ton of intellect from gear, BBV won't be giving you very many globes anyways, so I'm not even sure it's worth it. On average you get 1 globe per sacrifice "round" (with Next of Kin) where you're sacrificing all of them at once. So BBV (if you only get 4 dogs back) only adds like 1 extra globe per 120sec.

So honestly, I just think that BBV would be situational in how it's used with this build, if it's used at all. Maybe swapped in rarely for particular things.

It may be better suited for a sacrifice build that doesn't have very much intellect and uses CoL and BBV for more dog spawns over Gruesome Feast and SH (not sure how good such a build would be though).

I'd rather replace GotD with it, actually. Both provide a few health globes, so you only lose the slow effect. On the other hand, you gain a way to handle overwhelming monster packs, and more damage overall. Might be that it's not worth it, but we can't really say before it is tested.

IncGamers Member

One thing to be added. Previous to patch 16 I looked for equipment suffix and affix and couldn't find anything that lowered cooldowns, so I was thinking that only item sets would have this ability (prob I overlooked). Anyways, now on beta patch 16 there is a suffix that lowers cooldowns. This should come very handy for this build!

Regards

IncGamers Member

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/item/deva

That's datamined but it has affix for 1-8 seconds CDR for zombie dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaago View Post
    I'd rather replace GotD with it, actually. Both provide a few health globes, so you only lose the slow effect. On the other hand, you gain a way to handle overwhelming monster packs, and more damage overall. Might be that it's not worth it, but we can't really say before it is tested.
    Yeah, that's a good point. We'll just have to see how necessary GotD really is and whether you can get by without it.

You could go with something like this if not: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VjQ!YdT!abZZZc

Ideally... that would probably be the most fun build to play because you'd get the most dog summons possible without dropping Gruesome Feast for CoL. And you're probably right that your globe drops would only be a little bit less when using BBV. Maybe you could even drop Languish in co-op play. Or even drop it completely if the Templar's Intimidate could somehow be enough for solo.

IncGamers Member

I wonder how Hex ability works in game. Unstable form looks kinda interesting rune for sac build if the shaman can hex multiple targets simultaneously.

IncGamers Member

Noticed pearl among the abilities when i went trough them once more. As a result: May i introduce mad Jamaican bomberman.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...jYi!YdT!YZYZZc

Sac WD has all this mana to spare with gruesome feast, high int and health globes, but i noticed that none of the skills barely burn trough any of it. Corpse bomb 172 mana flat 200% AoE poison damage. Should go nicely with the suicide dog barrage.

IncGamers Member

One interesting synergy to test out will be zombie charger with explosive beast rune. It probably doesn't have any synergies and the zombie dog is just a flavor, but would be cool if it could leave health orbs behind or spawn new dogs from next of kin. Anyways have to test it to know for certain.

IncGamers Member

Re: Best Consistent Sacrifice WD Ever!!! <****** src=http://forums.weddingbells.ca/tm

Hi i came up with a dog build as well.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...aQV!dcT!ZYaacZ

my three passives are : grave injustice , bad medicine and zombie handler.

grave injustice for cooldowns and since my pets will be tanking ill be always in range for it to work. zombie handler for 20% buff up my dogs and gargantuan. and bad medince for the runes rabid dog and big stinker. this will help them survive alot longer.

in combat.

for smaller groups of monsters your gargantuan , dogs and you dpsing with dart should be enough to handle it.

for larger groups. drop down big bad vodoo ,you would dps down what ever your gargantuan or dogs is focusing on and last hit them with sacrifice. (to proc vodoo and next of kin) your goal for the next 20 sec is to chain sacrafice w/e spawn from kin and vodoo while you focus down (this should be easier since you get the 20% speed from voodoo)the mobs with the lowest health to proc vodoo and sacrfice again.

i thought about circle of life but i think its to unreliable and bad medicine works really well with rabid bite and big stinker runes, plus its alot synergistic with zombie handler which will let you count on your pets to do work if the mob size doesn't warrant a sacrifice.

plague of toads could be used instead of the dart, esp the addling toads the 15% confuse looks interesting .

let me know what you think.