Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BattleTag ChaosMagika-2981

Re: Best Consistent Sacrifice WD Ever!!!

Thanks,

I wonder if it were possible to omit the BBW ability and only rely on confusion and the (supposed to work) synergy between toads and confuse. Since Big Bad Voodoo is the the only skill which doesn't receive some kind of synergy it would be interesting if it could be omitted for some sort of stronger attack skill / a better tank.

I guess this all depends on whenever you get enough dogs during at the end of the leveling scale.
    My immediate suggestion would be Zombie Charger with Explosive Beast, which might even have a synergy with The next of Kin. But even if it were not it could be used to kill confused monsters in time before it runs out.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...djV!dYT!YYZYZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmage View Post
    You know what am I thinking...
    Nope, not a clue.

See above post

Confusing Toads + Mass Confuse spawning Zombie Dogs =? Toads spawning Zombie Dogs.

During Mass Confuse? Maybe. Just by themselves? Most definitely no. Rune effects aren't global, passive effects, they only give bonuses to their skills.

That is about the same thing as if you would get "upgraded" (by the skill itself) zombie dogs from mass confuse, the passive or whatever. (For ex. Leaching Beasts == all Zombie dogs you make leech)

But since you are a Beta tester I make the following request:
    Test whenever Zombie Dogs created from the Circle Of Life passive retain the Poison damage from Raid Dogs
    It's not exactly the same mechanic but similar, if it turns out to work I think there is hope

Last edited by Chaosmage; 06-04-2012 at 12:22.

They do have the Rabid Dogs effect even with Circle of Life, but that's not the same at all. Passives are global, rune effects aren't. Devolution may summon ZDs, but it most definitely won't work with other sources of confuse. If Mass Confuse would have an active effect over an area, instead of per enemy, then it would have a chance of working with Addling Toads for the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    They do have the Rabid Dogs effect even with Circle of Life, but that's not the same at all. Passives are global, rune effects aren't. Devolution may summon ZDs, but it most definitely won't work with other sources of confuse. If Mass Confuse would have an active effect over an area, instead of per enemy, then it would have a chance of working with Addling Toads for the duration.
    I personally can't see the difference.
    How I see it if one effect is retained from another synergistic skill it is this skill (or in fact the program code) which is executed instead of the other. In case of Rabid Dogs and Circle of Life it should be this way:
    If chance to spawn a new zombie dog out of a corpse is true => call mechanic to do that => mechanic is linked to Rabid Dogs game code => a Rabid Dog spwans.

I recon than the principle with mass confuse is slightly differnt but it could work all the same; we'll never know until we can try it. I guess this question has to wait for until the release. That is if we don't reverse engineer the game code.

IncGamers Member

I know there's a fascinating discussion going on about whether a target confused with addling toads will spawn ZDs during Mass Confusion, but I just wanted to pop in and say Sacrifice just got a huge buff!

Witch Doctor

• Active Skills
      • Haunt
        • Now performs 575% weapon damage over 12 seconds (down from 15 seconds)

• Sacrifice
        • Weapon damage increased from 200% to 275%

BattleTag FizzyBubbly-1527

Locust Swarm from my OP got what I consider a major buff as well, huge mana reduction. To add a comment on the Mass confusion and addling toads I believe that the confusion from the toads could cause zombie dogs to spawn but only after mass confusion has been activated.

IncGamers Member

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...#.dYV!aYT!.YZZ

I would use this as a core. The Sacrifice WD's idea after all is that you can chain the sacrifice blast and cause chain reaction. Since you will want some health globe pick up range it's smart to build synergies around it. If planner is correct sacrifice doesn't have cooldown so philosophy is that you will always get a new dog from whatever source, be that a proc or recast zombie dogs spell. Dog's are there not to tank, they are just ammunition so in my opinion it's good idea to pass on passive skills like jungle fortitude.

PS. Good catch on that mass confuse rune there btw. There is a affix that reduces zombie dog cd and i think it can be stacked 3 times so swapping circle of life to zombie handler seems like it could be viable choice when you get the gear to do that. Edit: Seems like in datamined affixes it's only found in helms and gives max 8 second reduce.

I just love this game. So many interesting builds to be discovered. I always love these gimmick synergy builds. Sometimes they even turn out to be great.

Last edited by Karpalo; 13-04-2012 at 09:48.