Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    BattleTag Hub-1983

Re: Who is taking the day off to play D3?

Hell yeah, 4 weeks after one year would kick ***. I am only at 2 weeks after almost 7 years, but they are paid vacation days and we also get 10 paid holidays off. I would really like more days, as I work a 5/8 week and I would love to take alot of fridays off. I work outside welding railroad tracks together with 3,500 degree(F) thermite. It is very hot and humid where I live so any day I can get off in the summer is good.
    I have May 15 marked off, but I may go in based on how hard it is to get in and play at midnight. If it is impossible to get in or the servers are having problems, I dont want to waste 1 of the 10 days I get to choose off a year. I know, they are experienced at having alot of people on thier servers, but I think there is going to be a **** metric ton of people trying to log on.

IncGamers Member

I'm salary so I get all holidays "paid" - my 20 PTO days cover my sick and vaca days, although I've only ever had to call in sick once for two days and my boss told me not to worry about it, his direct words were "it's all a wash anyway, who cares"

IncGamers Member

I'm taking monday and tuesday off that week, to coincide with days 1 and 2 of the release. But after that I don't have any days off. I work part time anyways so I'll have as much free time as I can stomach playing this.

dont take monday off. game wont be live til midnight

You guys have made good points. Hope we'll be able to play the game after it comes out, unless the servers crash.
    Either way I am taking Tues+Wed off and I read somewhere the 17th is a holiday? If so, i'll have 3 days/72 hours all to myself

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    dont take monday off. game wont be live til midnight
    I work nightshift. I normally start about 30 minutes before midnight.

IncGamers Member

I'm home on paid maternity leave til jan 2013 ! Lol.. although I won't be able to play as much as I would like as my little one will be 4 months old by then. Plus I have an 8 year old son, 7 & 8 year old nephews in my care,plus a husband. So ya I won't be able to pay as long as I would like but will just be happy to play at all

BattleTag *kenny01, *kenny02

Won't be taking any time off... Always work a Monday night and hence always have Tuesdays off. 5 weeks out of 6 have either 3.5 or 4 days off at weekends too and 6 weeks of leave per year plus additional days for any national holidays worked... so plenty of time to play. (and yes, it's a full time job)

Will probably wait for a week or so though to make sure any issues are solved..

i remember i applied for a job where i would work 7 days on then 7 days off. for the 7 on i would have to work 84 hours but then man i would have 7 days off. only working 26 weeks a year would have been sweet. i wish i got that job, i would have taken my week vacation and had 3 solid weeks to play. didnt really mind not getting that job til now lol.

winning last nights lotto would have been good too but you know i didnt want to split it 4 ways so i will win later

4th of June I'm starting at a new job in new town. Week starting 28th of May I'm teaching at exam prep course and packing my stuff at evenings. 15th through to 27th I'll only be playing D3 with the few mandatory social calls Gonna be the best two weeks in a long time.

In theory I should/could be studying those two weeks but I got no exams or anything strict like that left so it's simply gonna be impossible... Just gotta try to finish as many things as possible before release.