Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Re: Who is taking the day off to play D3?

Quote Originally Posted by dfold View Post
    I'll never understand America's obsession with work.
    Neither will I. I try to do it as little as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Loriku View Post
    School was always dead when new games came out,
    Funny because it's very true.
    I went to the midnight release of Mass Effect 3 and saw a bunch of people from school there, most of them are in one of my classes this semester. I was the only one out of the group that showed up to class the next day.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag kingjosh

work is for the weak!

BattleTag Mick-1457

I don't think it's really an obsession with work. If you ask many American's if they would prefer having way more vacation than they do, most would say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raesene View Post
    I don't think it's really an obsession with work. If you ask many American's if they would prefer having way more vacation than they do, most would say yes.
    In fairness, we do have a very different "labor culture" from many European countries like Germany or France.

IncGamers Member

I will take 20 days off from work, i don't tell them why for obvious reasons i just say - a trip I save days since Blizz announce the game and this will be the first time i'm taking days off, not because i need to study, but actually to rest and do something i enjoy doing

IncGamers Member

I'll likely do some work (studying) but will try to play a lot for the first couple of days. I have my comprehensive exam at the start of June, so I'm going to be busy with that. Which means no d3 for a while..

IncGamers Member

I got 15 days paid vacation after 6 months of working with my current company and I was stoked... I ended up using 6 of them that year, and had the rest roll over (our roll over days only last 3 months after rollover date, then they expire).

After 1 year we get an additional 5 days, and I've taken two already, so right now I have 18 days left. 3 of them are being used on D3's release week (not taking Tuesday off).

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Kaos047-1584

Quote Originally Posted by Raesene View Post
    This x 1000. I would kill for 4 - 5 weeks as 3 just doesn't seem to get me out of this place enough throughout the year. Unfortunately I work in software development so sticking with one job for 10 years is pretty rare(My current company requires 4 years for 4 weeks and 8 years for 5 weeks). I need to get good enough I can tell an employer 5 weeks or I walk at the negotiation table. HAH....

Quote Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
    I got 15 days paid vacation after 6 months of working with my current company and I was stoked... I ended up using 6 of them that year, and had the rest roll over (our roll over days only last 3 months after rollover date, then they expire).

After 1 year we get an additional 5 days, and I've taken two already, so right now I have 18 days left. 3 of them are being used on D3's release week (not taking Tuesday off).

Where do you work? Getting 4 weeks after only 1 year is amazing

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Where do you work? Getting 4 weeks after only 1 year is amazing
    I'm pretty happy with it. I work for a medium-sized brokerage in Dallas, TX as their main non-network IT guy.