Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    IncGamers Site Pal
    Diablo 3 Beta Tester
    BattleTag Bowzer -1925

Re: Official Site updated, List of Interesting Item changes!

Quote Originally Posted by Azzure View Post
    There are no longer Legendary mats before Inferno. But Inferno legendaries do 100% salvage in to Fiery Brimstone.
    Ah okay, that clears it up then.

Cheers.

I hope that the fact that gems are missing the other item types from their tooltip is only an oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lord of Darkness View Post
    Maybe I am missing something but did Blizzard take Median XL's cue in dropping sets only in the most difficult difficulty? Every set I seen required LV 60 which is complete crap imo.
    The last we heard about Sets the devs indeed say, that they will only drop in the endgame. However, it was their intention to make low level Sets craftable, thereby avoiding the problem of players overleveling them by the time they complete them. You could see such Sets before the changes to the database were made. I hope they'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    I hope that the fact that gems are missing the other item types from their tooltip is only an oversight.
    Again, nothing in that database is 100% confirmed, they are still making changes.

Comments like "oh shyt it's dumbing down blah blah" are popping out, these people tend to forget that it's still a month and half more before the game is out, nothing on the item page is confirmed, so stop jumping to conclusions.

Heck we don't even have the items affixes out yet.

IncGamers Member

i would love something like everyone creates its own database of items. Like if you found unique it is listed in the guide so you can check how good stats you got (if it is perfect or the worst).

BattleTag Smips-1492

I'm going to guess the Tomes drop like gold piles... It says they have a max stack of 1000!

The only change I'm not thrilled about is it only showing socketing for weapons and helmets. I'm going to guess that's incorrect though.

I'm 100% fine with things getting "dumbed down" a little bit. I don't want to end up with systems like in Median XL where you need to look over a 20 page PDF to find a recipe. Unfortunately, there is a point where customization options turn into a burden rather than a privilege.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smips View Post
    I'm going to guess the Tomes drop like gold piles... It says they have a max stack of 1000!
    well they can drop like gold piles. still depends what place do they take at loot tables. i wouldnt like to get them all the time instead of rare/magic items...

IncGamers Member

DiabloNut is my favorite dataming source, but it stops at Beta patch #13. Are we allowed to post links to other websites? I've seen more information on two other websites which have been posting datamined information.

Anyways, if you believe the datamining, here's the most expensive craft:
    Spoiler

The other legendary crafts typically require 2/3rds as many materials and gold. Also, DO WANT! Also, do want - to reroll over and over and over for high 40s and better mods. And those reroll requirements are steep!

According to dataming, the following items are socketable: amulets, shields, bracers, belts, torso armor, helms, and weapons. Now check here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/#filter=jeweler

They show the same items, except no weapons. But yet their gem stats show helm and weapon effects, but no effect for other slots? That's obviously a bug on Blizzard's website. The missing stat for other equipment types is +stats. Rubies add to str, topazes are +int, emeralds are +dex, and amethysts are +vit. And each gem level is +4 more to that stat than the previous.

EDIT: if you're a wizard with one socket in each of your amulet, off-hand, bracer, belt, and armor, and you put 5 radiant star topazes those 5 slots, then you'll have +290 int!!

Last edited by Catastrophe; 26-03-2012 at 18:33. Reason: forgot the plan

IncGamers Member

If any of those datamined affixes that are present in the wiki section still hold true it would seem like raw stat wise rares will still be superior quality. Perhaps they spice up legendaries with some kind of special affixes like on hit slows, knockbacks or building charges that increase attack speed with each charge build ups.

PS. It's good to see that they removed that 100% crit chance potion. It spelled retarded in every possible way.

Quote Originally Posted by CatastropheIIDX View Post
    DiabloNut is my favorite dataming source, but it stops at Beta patch #13. Are we allowed to post links to other websites? I've seen more information on two other websites which have been posting datamined information.

Anyways, if you believe the datamining, here's the most expensive craft:
    Spoiler

The other legendary crafts typically require 2/3rds as many materials and gold. Also, DO WANT! Also, do want - to reroll over and over and over for high 40s and better mods. And those reroll requirements are steep!

According to dataming, the following items are socketable: amulets, shields, bracers, belts, torso armor, helms, and weapons. Now check here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/#filter=jeweler

They show the same items, except no weapons. But yet their gem stats show helm and weapon effects, but no effect for other slots? That's obviously a bug on Blizzard's website. The missing stat for other equipment types is +stats. Rubies add to str, topazes are +int, emeralds are +dex, and amethysts are +vit. And each gem level is +4 more to that stat than the previous.

EDIT: if you're a wizard with one socket in each of your amulet, off-hand, bracer, belt, and armor, and you put 5 radiant star topazes those 5 slots, then you'll have +290 int!!
    awesome post. got me excited haha.

IncGamers Member

god the gold values are so ridiculous in d3. they really need a copper/silver system to keep the stupidity of the #'s down. by like lvl 5 you have 4000 lbs of gold.