Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: 1,000,000 Ingame Gold

Quote Originally Posted by RedFlamingo View Post
    tip 1: refresh all the time. you gatta be fast to pick up the cheap godlies that noobs put up.
    And here begins the very behavior that ruined the WoW auction house, early in its infancy. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElementEight View Post
    Yes, I am absolutely certain that his techniques, confined to a fraction of the game, will at least equate those of us who make progress!
    Mmm, I dunno. In inferno, all the areas are the same level and I think that the royal crypt could actually stay a very lucrative area for a GF char. Particularly since there's almost nothing to kill besides a few skellies on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by SavalBork View Post
    And here begins the very behavior that ruined the WoW auction house, early in its infancy. Thanks.
    That's just kind of the nature of an auction house, game or irl.
    What ruined the WoW auction house were:

1. Inflation (brought on by Blizzard and the expansions)
    but mostly 2. Auction House bots that they refuse to do anything about.

Banned

If many people will be farming 1m gold fast, gold will become worthless very quickly and the whole gold economy will collapse because of hyperinflation. I see now good way to prevent that. -_-

BattleTag Mick-1457

Quote Originally Posted by Hideo View Post
    If many people will be farming 1m gold fast, gold will become worthless very quickly and the whole gold economy will collapse because of hyperinflation. I see now good way to prevent that. -_-
    Supposedly a lot of this gold will be dumped into repair bills. It will be interesting to see what kind of dynamic gold will have in hardcore - where there effectively are no repair gold sinks. You'll have a situation where items are destroyed faster than gold is.

IncGamers Member

Well, lets think about it. 1/3 of act1. Beta patch 15 only here for few weeks. So he can max out blacksmith 10 and jeweler 10, even buy alot of stash upgrades. Makes you think how useless gold will be after a few weeks in full game. Where everyone would farm in act4 inferno. Probably no more gold sinks a few days for hardcore players. And a week for casuals. Then we see 100 mil gold items on auction. Repairs are only bad if you die. Based on beta you can repair full equip with like a few mob kills. Yes, it will probably just end like D2. Gold is worthless. Which is what Blizz wants. So people actually start using the real money auction house.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gurby View Post
    Well, lets think about it. 1/3 of act1. Beta patch 15 only here for few weeks. So he can max out blacksmith 10 and jeweler 10, even buy alot of stash upgrades. Makes you think how useless gold will be after a few weeks in full game. Where everyone would farm in act4 inferno. Probably no more gold sinks a few days for hardcore players. And a week for casuals. Then we see 100 mil gold items on auction. Repairs are only bad if you die. Based on beta you can repair full equip with like a few mob kills. Yes, it will probably just end like D2. Gold is worthless. Which is what Blizz wants. So people actually start using the real money auction house.
    I agree with your opinion that gold economy will collapse. However, I don't think Blizzard is aware of it. They are not THAT cynical. They are just to dumb to notice how flawed their systems are.

What can you expect form Jay Wilson, when after SIX years of development, he changes core stat system completely as late as in beta? He is completely clueless with zero foresight. They don't want to push RMAH. They simply don't know what they are doing.

BattleTag Autti-6733

Lets think about it, trying to make money playing Diablo is retarded.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Autti View Post
    Lets think about it, trying to make money playing Diablo is retarded.
    Ofcourse, but for the first week. When the first legendary or set item is put on auction house. I'm sure some people will buy it. No matter how silly that sounds. After a month the auction house will list like 100 of that item. And nobody buys it anymore and price has been deflated. So if you wanne make some cash. Play 24/7 and hope to get lucky. And be the first to sell.

BattleTag Autti-6733

If you want to make cash, go get a job.

economic profit is simply not achievable in diablo 3.

IncGamers Member

playing the D3 beta to get 1M gold is nuts, after about 20 hrs gameplay and running through with each of the classes upt o lvl 13 the beta gets pretty boring and tedious due to lack of new content. I cant understand why people are playing it non stop