Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

OT: Asking a girl to the movies

So, I'm planning to ask a very pretty young lady out who works in the shop at college. I was thinking a movie, and then a drink afterwards. The problem is, I'm not very confident in myself much, and I think she's way out of my league. I'm going to give it a go anyway though. So, how do I ask a girl to the movies? Come on men of experience. Gieb your advice unto my unworthy soul

Re: OT: Asking a girl to the movies

Just do it. be yourself and have a chat with her without chatting her up. then just ask her.

Do you have her number or facebookor anything? have you spoke to her before? I wouldnt straight ask someone on a date straight away personally, get chatting about stuff first so that you can know a lil about them first then you have a basis for conversation im only 19 so im no romeo but thats what ive done before and its worked out for me , keep us up to date Mr Kitteh

BattleTag queenEm -2696

Does advice from a pretty (not so ) young lady count as well? Since I am myself not so confident in myself I have always been extremely awkward when ever asked out or when someone has shown an interest. So what works best is that you cut the crap, don't try to talk too much and somehow ease into it, she will know your intentions directly anyway; just go up to her. Say Hi there. Not sure if you know my name; I am Kitteh and I was just wondering if you would like to go see a movie or something with me?

(and don't mention your nipples... )

Quote Originally Posted by jjscud View Post
    There are no special rules for HC. I would suggest not dying though.

I've spoken to her a bit, but not much. I only see her once a week. I don't know, maybe leave it a little longer? She caught my eye and smiled at me today, that's good right?

You're very pretty Em, I've seen a picture!
    My nipples are awesome. Well, they're actually pecks

I'm married for 19 years, so my advice will be very dated, but I have to agree with just being casual and direct - maybe open up by asking her if she's seen some movie you've recently watched, and working that into any movies out that she wants to see, then making that into an invitation to see it with you.

My advice - worth what you paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh View Post
    I've spoken to her a bit, but not much. I only see her once a week. I don't know, maybe leave it a little longer? She caught my eye and smiled at me today, that's good right?
    Its all good stuff, I would say leave it a lil longer but if your confidence is enough to just go for it then go for it since she works at the shopin college maybe engage in a bit of conversation whenever you can, it should be easy (i'm assuming she works on a till or something?). But as always, growing up in an internet environment, use the internet, it is your friend facebook, msn, myspace, twitter its all good stuff to get to know someone a lil more before you meet them

"Hi, how is it going?" best start hands down.

If shes talking to you without pity after 5 mins and the conversation goes alright, go for asking her out. Just-ask-it.

Kitteh: yes, its a good sign.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Veerschlee-2124

The best thing u can do is to directly go at it and get over with it. No point contemplating on it, if she smiled at you and gave you the green light, go for it. If you like her in that sense, let her know, and see where the thing goes. If you don't get the expected feedback, suck it up and move on, plenty pretty girls out there.

BattleTag maxicek-2583

I say go for it now. Pretty single girls don't often stay so for long. And the movies is a good easy first date. Just make sure you pick something appropriate - or ask her to choose.