Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Two Questions Please...

1) Is defense rating lowered while a character is running? I heard it is lowered to zero.

2) I am trying to get a white plus 3 raise skeleton, plus 3 skeleton mastery necro head with 2-open sockets. Is there a cube formula that rerolls staffmods on white items? If I put eth+lum in it, wouldn't it be the highest plus to rs & sm necro shield possible, at plus 4 each?

thanks for any help in advance!

Re: Two Questions Please...

1. (Was incorrect about defesnes see below), your chance to block is lowered to a 1/3rd, so if you have 75% chance to block normally it will be reduced to 25% while running.

2. As far as I know there is no way to reroll the staffmods on a white item, so you will just have to keep looking unfortunately.

Last edited by Pyrotechnician; 22-03-2012 at 17:44. Reason: Incorrect information

IncGamers Member

Is there a cube formula that rerolls staffmods on white items?
    There is a formula to make low quality items normal. The good thing about this is that it resets ilvl to 1 or so, which makes it possible to "roll" 1 tier mods on elite heads, namely raise skeleton, skeleton mastery and any third, possibly "godly" mod. Generally you should look for "cracked" etc heads, make them normal, then make sockets somehow (or does this recipe also make sockets? dont quite remember).

+3 rs +3 sm splendor head gives +4 those skills, which is better than boneflame, and now there is a point to prebuff with +4 splendor than +2 spirit.

I have never rolled +3 sm +3 rs head for my entire necro career, and its cost on market is just ridiculous. Like, enigma+6/6 cta or +4 splendor? Dont know what to choose .

1: iirc while running defense is not lowered or set to zero, but completely ignored during the hit-check

IncGamers Member

Thats true, you have 100% chance to be hit (not even 95%) when running regardless of AR/defense and mlvl/clvl, every attack that can hit does so.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrotechnician View Post
    1. Defense rating is not lowered (...)
    That's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupa View Post
    1: iirc while running defense is not lowered or set to zero, but completely ignored during the hit-check
    That's right.

Blocking works as Pyro wrote.

D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Wow, thanks for all this information! Some of you guys could be awarded a PhD in D2 at Blizzard University (if such a title existed,, of course). However, I think INCgamers should award such an honor (to be placed into your avatar) to some of you who post after post, year after year, continue to generously share your A to Z knowledge of the game. I dare say that some here know far more than even the original developers.

Thanks again all