Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    IncGamers Member

Re: Class roles in Inferno?

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    cause wow is the only mmo with healers
    Wrong. WoW is the only MMO!

Anyway, I can see some synergy between survival/CC builds and glass cannon builds, but in the end, everyone have to focus on damage I think, for max effectiveness at least.
    Afther they have focused on getting the dmg into a spec, then they can focus on whcih support flavor they want - such as CC, healing, group survivability (such as dmg reduction and avoidance).

IncGamers Member

the barb could be the ultimate support char. looking at all his skills he could be a tank for sure while increasing everyones potential
    I went through all the support skills for the barb and the monk - monk looks better for HC atm ... he's got 3 potential heals 1 for himself and 2 for party ... barb doesnt have any.

not to say the barb doesnt bring stuff to the party - but IMO if I were to pick which toon Id want in my party; probably be monk then barb in that order. Guess depends how the other skills stack up.

BattleTag Mick-1457

Only looking at which skills cause green numbers to appear above your head is short-sighted. The best forms of support will prevent the enemy from hurting you at all (or severely reduce how much they do). A heal is an apology, a correction for a mistake you've already made.

I will admit that I have not looked at the monk very closely yet but when I see the barb I see a class that can reduce the amount of damage everyone takes but a good amount. On top of that he can buff the entire group to increase their damage output and survivability. He even has skills to cause monsters to flee/slow/stun what have you which is great cause the less the DPS moves the most DPS they do.

However like I said I have not looked at the monk much yet so maybe you are right and I am wrong here. When I first got beta I was telling everyone that the monk jumped to the top of my play list but he has since fell back to last, not that he is not fun I just really like the others more. I think he jumped to the top of my list mainly cause I was happy to be in the beta and anyone would have felt like the best thing in the world

IncGamers Member

I will admit that I have not looked at the monk very closely yet but when I see the barb I see a class that can reduce the amount of damage everyone takes but a good amount. On top of that he can buff the entire group to increase their damage output and survivability. He even has skills to cause monsters to flee/slow/stun what have you which is great cause the less the DPS moves the most DPS they do.

However like I said I have not looked at the monk much yet so maybe you are right and I am wrong here. When I first got beta I was telling everyone that the monk jumped to the top of my play list but he has since fell back to last, not that he is not fun I just really like the others more. I think he jumped to the top of my list mainly cause I was happy to be in the beta and anyone would have felt like the best thing in the world
    ya apoc I actually went through all the monks/barbs skills and they are quite interesting ... I actually really want to play a barb myself - but am finding the monks party skills and healing abilities quite attractive; especially for hardcore play.
    I'm thinking I might actually start both toons and just enjoy the process (figure someone will die at some point

like IMO a part of barb/monk/DH/Wiz would be a fun party - or 2 wizards

Quote Originally Posted by nailertn View Post
    Have you thought this through? Do you mean to imply inferno will not be soloable or very cumbersome for non-tank classes? This would be very poor design by Blizzard. And if one wizard can hold his own in a solo game, why wouldn't two sorcs be able to handle a two player game?
    Ya well D2 was supposed to soloable for every class...but that just led to non spirited gameplay (teleporting sorcs skipping triple immunes). Maybe I chose the wrong word saying it's required, but if Blizzard wants to make their online only co-op gameplay they will want you to play co-op. Co-op play would be way more efficient with a tanky and support so pure dps don't have to worry about anythnig else but glass cannoning.