Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Gruesome Feast or Fetish Sycophants?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/wit...ish-sycophants
    and
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/wit...gruesome-feast

Here they are, I really can not decide which to choose, which would grant me more damage in the short run. Sycophants will spawn pretty often as my main damaging ability will be firebats, which is a physical realm spells.

Gruesome Feast also looks awesome, 10% int / globe, can stack up 5 times, if I keep my buff up with Harvest Soul that would mean, let's see... gazillion intellect :P which is nice to have.
    Now, there will be lots of globes on the floor, so I will always get some nice intellect boost from them, but will I do more damage altogether than I would have with my little fetishes?

IncGamers Member

Re: Gruesome Feast or Fetish Sycophants?

Gruesome feast also makes orbs provide mana, basically eliminating or really reducing downtime. Firebats is really really expensive to use, so it may be the better alternative, not only as you'd kill faster and thus save more mana, but also as you'd gain some back from orbs.

IncGamers Member

This depends how many fetishes you have and how much damage they do. How does the skill even trigger with firebats? It's a channeled spell.

IncGamers Member

Think it will have the chance to be triggered every seconds?

The reason why I am not definite about the Gruesome Feast is because when you kill a pack of mobs, you take the loot and health globes, and it takes about 10 sec to find an other group of monsters, right when your buff is gone :(

Don't forget, that Int also increases your resists against elemental damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Horcsog View Post
    It's much more likely, that it has a chance to trigger every half a second, the frequency of Firebats' damage ticks.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Horcsog View Post

The reason why I am not definite about the Gruesome Feast is because when you kill a pack of mobs, you take the loot and health globes, and it takes about 10 sec to find an other group of monsters, right when your buff is gone :(
    I'd try to take globes mid-combat. Gruesome feast is probably much more useful against bosses for this reason; each globe probably resets the duration, so with 4-5 globes around, you could benefit from 10-50% for up to a minute.

Although you have a lot of Physical Realm stuff to spam, that Fetish spawn chance is still really, really, really low! :(

It's like one Fetish every 33 spell casts :S. It's not very reliable, so I think you're better off with Gruesome Feast.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by z00t View Post
    Although you have a lot of Physical Realm stuff to spam, that Fetish spawn chance is still really, really, really low! :(

It's like one Fetish every 33 spell casts :S. It's not very reliable, so I think you're better off with Gruesome Feast.
    If firebats ticks twice per second, you'd get a sycophant every 16.5 seconds. Not that bad of a chance.

Well, that would be if you could be casting Firebats all the time. It's likely you'll have more down than up time with the spell, though.

Overall, sycophants would work best on characters that use a lot of the cheap primary attacks, maybe supported by another physical realm spell as asecondary.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by z00t View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ElementEight View Post
    If firebats ticks twice per second, you'd get a sycophant every 16.5 seconds. Not that bad of a chance.
    What's the math behind this?

From what I understand, you are most likely to get a Sycophant per every 23 castings.

0,97 ^ 23 = ~50 %

For a half second attack that would be a fetish every 11,5 seconds.