Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Awaiting user confirming email address

Not checking white items

As we all know, the vast majority of white items are junk and not worth the inventory space.
    But ... Having browsed the item database, you'll notice some very high dps axe's and great amour that are white items, the highest dps two handed axe "decapitator" is a white item and would be very usefull to use or would sell well in the rmah.

The problem is, does this mean we have to pick up every white and check it to be sure its not something decent ?
    I think so and it will take hours of checking whites to make sure you haven't overlooked something good amoung all the junk whites on the ground.

Any thoughts ??

IncGamers Member

Re: Not checking white items

That's just the base item. You will find magical, rare, and unique decapitators.

IncGamers Member

Haven't played the beta so I don't know how constrained inventory is or how quickly you can go to town and back. But I'm not in the habit of leaving anything I can vendor lying on the ground at the start of these kind of games. Once I'm max level and switching to farming the same stuff over and over then I get picky.

Awaiting user confirming email address

Quote Originally Posted by konfeta View Post
    That's just the base item. You will find magical, rare, and unique decapitators.
    Its true blues, yellows etc have mods, but that still doesn't mean a high dps white would not have some worth.
    I have beta and see high dps white selling well on the AH all the time.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Haven't played the beta so I don't know how constrained inventory is or how quickly you can go to town and back. But I'm not in the habit of leaving anything I can vendor lying on the ground at the start of these kind of games. Once I'm max level and switching to farming the same stuff over and over then I get picky.
    I think you will quickly become accustomed to skipping past most whites, and all grey items, since they all seem to sell for 3-5 gold apiece. Gold drops from mobs/props range from 5-60 gold... so you can see how quickly they lose their appeal. Plus it doesn't take too long to fill up on magical items any more.

IncGamers Member

They can add runewords in an expansion... If there's room, I'm stockpiling the best 15% ed armors/weaps I find for sure (if ed% exists on whites that is).

BattleTag Mick-1457

Quote Originally Posted by Greizer View Post
    They can add runewords in an expansion...
    I highly doubt that. Runewords don't seem like the type of mechanic they would want to add.

IncGamers Member

Well, maybe not runewords per se - but there must be a use for white/grey items, having them useless is just stupid imo. Ofc the expansion won't come for at least a year after release, so only the best of the best should be kept.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    so I don't know how constrained inventory is or how quickly you can go to town and back.

D3 Demon Hunter Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

In the beginning of my Diablo II days I picked up every piece of junk you could imagine, because well, I could sell it. After it turned out I was actually losing more gold to a steady supply of TP scrolls, not to mention all the time I could have spend leveling my character, I quickly started to differentiate between which items were worth a trip to the vendor, and which not. And I left a whole load lying on the ground.

I imagine it will be the same with this issue. You will quickly learn which items are worth a closer look, either because of good vendor prices or because of a good possibility of high DPS, and which items are not worth picking up.

- Snow
    When people tell me "plz" just because it's shorter than 'please', I feel perfectly justified to answer 'No' because it's shorter than 'Yes'.
    And the Lord said unto Carl: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'. But Carl came fifth and won a toaster.