Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BattleTag Hub-1983

Re: Two months to decide on a laptop(or possibly a desktop)

I could have went with the Ivy Bridge i5 3570K, as it and the i5 2500K were at the same price pretty much. The EVGA Geforce 570 is PCI 2.0, so would it have even mattered having PCI 3.0? I guess this goes with being a little more future proof, if I would have went with the Ivy and the Gigabyte Geforce 670, both being PCI 3.0. At this point, I just want to be able to play D3 at high settings. I dont really have the time to get into another game, as I spend to much time on D3 as it is!

I can always upgrade things as I go along. I got a logitech keyboard just to get started, but there are several mechanical keyboards I would rather have from Razer and Corsair. I have been using a logitech G500 mouse since last December, and it is still going strong, so I got another one. I have learned alot so far, and spent a good amount of money, but I cant wait to get this thing put together. I REALLy hope that all the parts I have are good. It will suck so hard if something is bad. I have not opened any of the sensitive parts to avoid possibly giving them a static shock since I have carpet in my house.

Don't worry, your parts list is pretty solid, you'll have a blast with your new computer, hopefully D3 will get better with the next patch and you'll have a good time.

You don't really get real benefits with PCIE3.0, even with the supported video cards, the performance increase is like 1% (which is pretty much in the margin of errors range for benchmarks). The only slight benefit you would get is if you are using a 8X slot, then it's the equivalent of a 16X PCIE2.0 slot, which means that if you are using 2x GTX670 in SLI, one in a 16X and the other in the 8X PCIE3.0, you won't lose that ~4% performance like you would on PCIE2.0. But really this is almost imperceptible without looking at benchmarks, maybe in the future the gap will be more noticeable but for now it's not.

I am kind of interested in mechanical keyboards too but my G15 is still doing fine, so I don't think it's worth the money, in my case, however if you need a new keyboard I've hear good things about the Corsair line, actually there is a thread about mechanical keyboards on these forums, let me find the link.... hum, there you go : http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...=1#post8277747

BattleTag Hub-1983

I like the Corsair K60 for the changeable key caps. I would like to have the four keys that I use for skills with red key caps, I think it would help me with hitting the wrong key. The palm rest for the left side would be nice also. I have had good luck with the logitech mouse, that I figured the logitech keyboard would work pretty good, and it has a button to disable the windows key. The backlighting will be a cool feature as well.

I am going to get a Lamptron fan controller and change the 2 200mm fans to blue LED bitfenix spectre pros. I would be fine without doing this, but I have read alot about the stock fans that come with the Corsair 650 being loud, and the fan speed switch going bad. I really like the look of a fan controller and just a little accent lighting in the case, since it does have a big clear side window.

BattleTag Hub-1983

I finally got everything, and over the last 2 evenings, put it all together and worked out all the kinks(I think). I must say when I loaded D3 and started playing, I could not believe what it actually looked like. Since launch I have played with the lowest settings possible on my laptop, which is a 15.6. The 24" monitor and maxed settings are so awesome. It took me a few hours to get used to it. I have noticed one thing though, the studdering/jitter to the environment and text. If I am standing still, everything is fine, but when I move, objects in the environment are definitely studdering. The text from the items laying on the ground gets jittery and hard to read when I start moving.

I have the lastest drivers for my graphics card, and everything in my setup for that matter. I changed up some of the in-game video settings and it did not change anything. Everything else is awesome, and I dont know what people complaining about the fans being loud on the Corsair 650D were talking about. I can barely hear them at all, and thats on the max setting, with the case right beside me.

The jitter may be tearing, is this what you are experiencing ? If so then enable v-sync and you won't get that problem anymore. You could also enable or force AA to reduce the jaggies in the texts.

I'm glad you enjoy your new setup.

BattleTag Hub-1983

Re: Two months to decide on a laptop(or possibly a desktop) der=0></if

It has been roughly a month since I got the new rig going and everything has been perfect. Enabling V-sync pretty much eliminated any studdering issues I was having with D3. I have every setting as high as it will go and the rig barely breaks a sweat, and even after 10 hours of D3, there is hardly any heat coming out the back of the case or graphics card at all. One thing I have noticed over the last week or so is the mechanics of the characters and monsters when there is alot going on. For instance, in the Tomb of the Assassin, when you turn a corner and there are nearly 100 skeletons and a champ pack, everything speeds up for just an instant when I engage the pack. I cant really explain it any other way. I noticed with the Vsync enabled the FPS is capped at 60, but the number constantly fluctuates between 59 and 60. I dont know if that has anything to do with the sped up mechanics or not, but the problem comes and goes. I am using a DSL connection, so I know its not the best, but most of the time I am getting between 80 and 120 ms latency. I tend to think it is something on the server side, that perhaps it is lagging just a little bit, and speeds up to catch back up or something. Has anybody else noticed this?

BattleTag Hub-1983

I thought I was on to something when I went to fullscreen windowed, as the the FPS was solid at 60, instead of flickering between 59 and 60. I played my wiz a little more and it seemed to be better. The next day when I played the DH, the sped up monster mechanics were starting all over again. I cant seem to nail it down to what is causing this. I was checking the nVidia drivers, and the newest beta driver has a specific improvement to D3 and enabling Vsync. I really dont want to mess with anything as the rig has been working so well, but this driver may fix what I have going on. I am running Wifi, so that might have something to do with it, and I am going to get a long ethernet cable and try a hard connection to see if it helps anything. I really hope its not an issue with the graphics card.

The flickering between 59/60 fps is "normal", it's just Blizzard's implementation of their FPS counter that sucks, probably a rounding problem or something like that.

As for the "speed up", I'm not sure, I'd need to see it to tell. It may be network related, or it may be something else.