Hullo! Welcome to City Mafia, the citiest game of Mafia you'll ever play!
This game is a Wine In Front of All game, which means all players have the opportunity to bid on what roles they will play in game. The exact rules for bidding are covered in a bit, but first, our general game rules need to be posted:
For your convenience, rules that differ from our standard games are bolded.
.5) This game is in no way, shape, or form promised to be balanced. Moderator is not responsible for sweeping victory of one faction over another.
1) You do not talk about your role or any other relevant information concerning the game outside this thread.
2) If you post at night I will kill you, no matter what.
3) If you edit your post I will kill you. This includes editing for spelling mistakes.
4) If your role allows you to communicate with others during the night, feel free to do so via PM, instant messaging or any other form you choose. Only those roles expressly allowed to communicate privately with each other at night are allowed to. If you have any questions, contact me privately.
5) Once you're dead, stay that way. Dead people tell no tales, or in this case, dead people make no posts. Suck up your death and keep watching and rooting for your team. There's always the next round.
6) Every player gets one lynch vote during the day. Votes and unvotes need to be bolded . If your unvote isn't bold, it doesn't count. The only part I'm concerned with is the 'vote:' part. As long as I can type that into a Find field and see your vote or unvote, I will count it. Case sensitivity is not required. Names do not need to be exact, but if it takes me more than a second to determine who you're voting for, I'll disregard your vote.
7) This game utilizes majority lynch rules. Unlike standard games, a lock happens the moment a majority is lynched. There is no lynch + 1 rule.
8) Any posts that come AFTER the end day post or the intended end day time will not be counted, unless specified by the host. This includes votes.
9) Never post anything in the thread that shouldn't be known to the town. Don't flame in the thread. If you have a problem with anything in the thread, please PM me and I'll do my best to handle it.
10) Any player may claim any role. I.E. Any player may claim to be something that they are not.
11) Do not post any information sent to you in a pm, excluding your original role PM. That, and only that, you may post via quoting or copy/pasting if you wish. No other methods are allowed. All other privileged information must be paraphrased in your own words.
Here is a sample town PM:
12) I won't be telling you the starting roles. (lol, actually, I guess I will, huh?)Originally Posted by Sample
13) Day lasts 48 hours and night lasts 24 hours.
14) Do not post at night or edit or I will kill you.
15) You will get mod killed if you are inactive (at least 1 contributive post a day) or you get a forum temp ban.
16) Read the rules once more. Have Fun! Good luck! May the best team win.
TOWN: You and your team win when all anti-town threats have been eliminated from the game, regardless if you are alive or dead.
SCUM: You and your team win when you both control the lynch and nothing any other team can do will alter this, regardless if you are alive or dead.
SPECIAL: You have a special win condition. See your role PM for exact details.
So that's the boring stuff out of the way.
In a WIFOA game, all roles are bid upon by the players. To determine the bidding order, all players choose two numbers between 1 and 20. The first is the primary number, the second is only used for tiebreakers. The person who chose the lowest number will have first pick of roles, with subsequent people choosing as you go higher in the numbers. However, if any number is chosen by multiple people, then they will choose a role after all single number picks have chosen. In a nutshell, lower numbers are better, but singles will always beat out duplicates, which beat out triplicates, etc. If the tiebreaker numbers are equal as well, then time of submission is used as the final tie-breaker.
Once all bids are submitted, the list will be published and we can proceed into picking roles.
01. Noodle 2 / 7
02. Pyrotechnician 6 / 12
03. Ankeli 9 / 2
04. kestegs 12 / 2
05. Goryani 16 / 10
06. FredofErik 8 / 3
07. Valhauros 8 / 15
08. RlyehExiled 8 / 19
09. Gwaihir 7 / 1
10. Sathoris 7 / 2
11. zemaj 7 / 3
12. Flubbucket 7 / 11
13. Laarz 1 / 4
14. Bad Ash 1 / 1
15. Asrrin 1 / 1
16. ThunderCat 1 / 2
17. coju 1/ 2
Once all bids are posted, players submit their choices for desired role. Each player gets one pick. Players do not know what roles have been picked ahead of them. No role may be duplicated. If a role is chosen that has already been chosen by someone with higher priority, then they are assigned a vanilla role.
The Master Role List:Spoiler
1. Cop - Guaranteed to be sane.
2. Doctor - Can target self, but not same target two nights in a row.
3. One-Shot Bulletproof
4. Role-thief - You take someone else's role, and they become the role-thief.
5. Tree Stump - Unlynchable, bulletproof, no votes. If Mafia chooses this, then they don't count for victory. Town only needs eliminate the other mafia to win.
6. Special Win Condition - An alternate win condition. What is it? IT'S A MYSTERY. You'll know before game starts.
7. Mason A
8. Mason B
9. Mason C
13. One-shot Vigilante - Night or day kill, player's choice.
14. Godfather - Immunity to cop.
15. Ninja - Immunity to tracker/watcher.
16. Bus driver
17. Bomb - Kills the person who killed you. If lynched, takes out last person to vote for you.
19. Hider - Every other night, immunity to all night actions.
20. Serial Killer - Replaces your original faction. You gain bulletproof and kill ability.
21. Coroner - You get night kill results.
22. Restless Spirit - Can vote the day after you're killed.
25. Party Host - If you are killed at night a list of everyone who targeted/visited you that night will be posted. It will be alphabetical, and with no indication of what was done to you.
Once all role picks have been submitted, then I'll proceed sending out Role PMs to everyone.
Start of Day 1
Start of Day 2
Start of Day 3
Start of Day 4
Start of Day 5