Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Releasedate and timezones

So how does this all work with timezones? I am planning on playing at launch with a preloaded copy. Last time i did this was with SC2 and if i remember correctly i could get going a few hours before midnight. I live in GMT +1 wich is 9 hours ahead of califonia if i am not mistaken.

Anybody with a better memory than i that can retell how it was the last time or knowledge of how it is working?

Re: Releasedate and timezones

I just subscribed to this thread because I wonder this too, very much! I am also GMT +1. Since they put it on tuesday it is rather important what time we can start to play. If it was a weekend it would not matter that much.

TBH there is no official info about the release time, but I believe it will be the same as every other Blizzard release they did the past yers.
    All the countries, that they announced for 15th of may, excluding those that are for 7th of June, will have simultaneous release. Meaning midnight parties for the release. Or arround midnight, it was arround 1 am last time that it happent for my country.

edit.1
    GMT+2 here

Last edited by Previous; 16-03-2012 at 10:48.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Previous View Post
    TBH there is no official info about the release time, but I believe it will be the same as every other Blizzard release they did the past yers.
    All the countries, that they announced for 15th of may, excluding those that are for 1st of June, will have simultaneous release. Meaning midnight parties for the release. Or arround midnight, it was arround 1 am last time that it happent for my country.

edit.1
    GMT+2 here
    But midnight occurs at different times depending on what timezone you're in. Midnight for me for instance is 9 hours away from midnight in CA. If they have a midnight release in CA and the release is at the same time all over the world, that means it will be 9 am for me.

IncGamers Member

To be honest, I'm hoping they mean 12AM PST as it means I can get a good night of sleep in before the game goes live over here in the UK. I think I might be going crazy though. I cannot find it documented anywhere officially on Blizzard's website or by a blue that says the servers all go live at midnight. Hmm!

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati View Post
    But midnight occurs at different times depending on what timezone you're in. Midnight for me for instance is 9 hours away from midnight in CA. If they have a midnight release in CA and the release is at the same time all over the world, that means it will be 9 am for me.
    Well, remember the Cata release, what time did it happen? Since EU release was like what i wrote, as i remember.

Servers will go live at 0:01 15th of May, its official. So release is 1 min before that. EU servers go live at a different time than US. Remember that.

IncGamers Member

midnight in your timezone so those time travellers in australia will play first

It's quite possible some people in Australia will already have finished the Normal difficulty even before people on the western coast of the USA start playing

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Previous View Post
    All the countries, that they announced for 15th of may, excluding those that are for 7th of June, will have simultaneous release. Meaning midnight parties for the release. Or arround midnight, it was arround 1 am last time that it happent for my country.

edit.1
    GMT+2 here
    that they announced for 15th of may, excluding those that are for 7th of June, will have simultaneous release. Meaning midnight parties for the release.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloIIIChris View Post
    To be honest, I'm hoping they mean 12AM PST as it means I can get a good night of sleep in before the game goes live over here in the UK. I think I might be going crazy though. I cannot find it documented anywhere officially on Blizzard's website or by a blue that says the servers all go live at midnight. Hmm!
    I cannot find it documented anywhere officially on Blizzard's website or by a blue that says the servers all go live at midnight.