Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BattleTag ChaosMagika-2981

Re: Digital vs Retail versions

So can anybody answer this question:

I (kinda) want to have the collectors edition, but I found no retailer which allows me to pre order the English (uk) version near me. I can only preorder the normal English version.
    But I really, really don't wanna hear the localized voices ever.

So it is good to buy the localized Collectors edition and use the English installer or should I order the import?
    I don't care for a few hours but certainly don't wanna wait days.

IncGamers Member

Amazon.co.uk doesn't ship to your location?

I'd think it's fine to use the English installer (downloaded) and install using your localized key..

They probably do, but I don't trust my local postal service to deliver on time. Even with 'zero day' shipping I would probably get it on 16th, 17th or worse next week. So being able to pick it up at the store is more reliable for me.

Right there might be the a frenzy at release day, but I guess you meet nice people waiting for the store to open, wouldn't wanna miss the full consumerism experience

i am buying CE so its retail for me either way. its added stuff that most people throw away vs playing sooner....maybe. if the servers dont go online til 12 pst then i will be installed and ready by then anyway

The more I look at the prices the more unattractive it becomes. I mean I was that kinda guy who bought a voodoo5 just for d2 (this was before glide wrappers)
    But a shrine displaying some plastic crap related to something which will most likely occupy half of my free time for a year anyway... idk

Nah I'll get the regular import, let me one of those guys who screams hipster after you.

IncGamers Member

[QUOTE=dragon;8229183]What's the significant difference between buying the hardcopy DVD version versus online digital version? I presume price will be the same? I don't have fast speed internet so I am thinking I will wait for the retail version but will it contain all the files (or almost all) or I will still need to go online and do a lot of downloads?
    QUOTE]

Obviously the retail version means you can have a physical copy in your hand. That's the one I prefer. The digital one needs to be downloaded and if you uninstall it then needs to be downloaded again.