Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BattleTag DJMBBANDIE07-1586

Re: The ROTK Sept progress thread

Lu Bu strolls in.

LB: My new weapon is pretty nice. DJ's still not here because he's writing papers . Writing is for the weak. The savage halberd of slaughter that Mizan had is now in my possession. I used it to clear the Far Oasis and Maggot Lair, and have gained my twenty-fourth level. Not much has occured drop-wise or item wise.

Lu Bu Level 24 Far Oasis accompanied by Kundri the Cold Rogue

Guan Lu reappears with a tired rogue and a golem sweating clay.

GL: Do not attempt to soothsay with champion carver shamen. four of them were waiting to be dazzled by my skills, or so I thought.

CG: Mreeaah!

Liaza: It means it is tired of fighting a useless fight.

Here's how the conversation went down.

GL: Morning folks, I can tell your future with a roll of my bones!

Champion Carver Shaman: Hmm....

Fanatic Carver Shaman: This must be the crazy person Andariel warned us about. Don't let him tell our future!

Possessed Carver Shamen: I bet I can tell your future better than you, since I am possessed.

GL: Begins vainly casting dim vision upon the shamans, succeeds in blinding the carver minions.

Carver Shamans: We are not impressed (begin resurrecting the fallen carvers)

(30 minutes and 145 throwing knives later)

GL: Now who's the soothsayer? (kicks Possessed Carver Shaman's Corpse)

Liaza: Maybe you should get an attack so Me and the Clay Golem don't have to do all the work.

GL: I have to wait until level 18.

Liaza: Go look in the stashes the others have shared with you, maybe you'll have a good weapon.

GL: Do you not want to be my assistant anymore?

Liaza: *is silent with reproachful look.

GL: Ok, I'll go look.

Guan Lu, level 16 in the Black Marsh accompanied by his faithful (but tired Clay Golem), and Liaza( the weary Fire Rogue)

*Lu Bu is drinking in Atma's Tavern with Kundri

*DJ materializes

DJ: Did you forget about the next interview?

Lu Bu: Of course not. I'm just preparing......

DJ: We must give congratulations for your accomplishments so far.

Lu Bu: The Lost City was fun. I hate Plague Bearers now.

Kundri: Don't forget about me! I was there throughout to help.

DJ: Special credit goes to Kundri for amping Fangskin with her bow.

Lu Bu: Yep, he took two whacks to fall. That stair trap entering the Claw Viper temple took a while. I had to whack and taunt the Guardians while that annoying extra strong Salamander boss drilled me.

Kundri: That was a real fun boss pack.

DJ: Do you feel better now with your new Bloodfists equipped (off a Invader in the Palace Cellar)?

Lu Bu: I feel great and stronger. It's nice to see the halberd attack at faster speed. RIP to Alexander, who fell today. I will avenge his loss.

Kundri: RIP to Amplisa too. Now, weren't you going to go gamble soon to get me some better stuff?

Lu Bu: Oh yeah.... *passes out.

Kundri: *punches Lu Bu.

DJ: This interview is over. Next up: Diao Chan will update us on her progress.

*DJ disappears. Lu Bu is out, and Atma is motioning to some security people to drag him back to Elzix's inn. Kundri follows him.

Lu Bu, Level 26 in the Palace Cellars level 1, accompanied by Kundri, his faithful Cold Rogue.

DJ wanders in.

DJ: Alright, this thread is back now due to the lack of interest in D3 and the upcoming closure of the Torchlight II beta. Tonight we can do a short interview with our lead character. Please welcome back Diao Chan.

DC: Hi all.

DJ: Let's talk about this section of Act V recently completed.

DC: Me and Mizan have agreed that Frenzytaurs and crush beasts with gremlins on top are annoying. I've already had two NDE's to them. Mizan has fallen once.

Mizan: Maybe you should put more full rejuvenation potions in inventory.

DC: Maybe I should get a holy freeze merc.

DJ: And now you're off to rescue Anya.

DC: I don't know why the demons kept all those barbarians alive. Was it to taunt them? If I were a demon, I'd look into getting some human flesh.

Mizan: *mutters under breath You are one.

DC: I heard that. *conjures Wake of Fire sentry that begans launching fire waves around the room.

DJ: *ducks a fire wave. This interview is over, next up is an update on Lu Bu's progress.

Mizan: *catches his pants on fire. Diao Chan is laughing at him.

Diao Chan level 38, still in the Frigid Highlands with her merc that has his pants on fire, Mizan, who is defensive.

Alright! I look forward to the rest of your updates. They're always interesting and they also help remind me I should be working on my sept, too. Keep it up!

DJ strolls in.

DJ: Today Lu Bu is updating his progress live via satellite in the Canyon of the Magi. Lu Bu, are you there?

LB: Yep. Some sunglasses and sunscreen would be nice. the sun is really getting annoying now.

DJ: Still working away at it I see "Lu Bu cuts a Devourer in two with his halberd"

LB: Yep. These still aren't as annoying as Unravelers though.

Kundri: Hi guys. I'm the one that needs the sunscreen. Rogue skin does not tan well.

DJ: How has the progress been?

LB: We've been fine for the most part through the rest of the palace cellars and the Arcane sanctuary.

Kundri: I can't believe we can breathe in space.

DJ: Shh... The audience doesn't know that...

LB: The summoner was pathetic because he forgot about Glacial Spike. Using fireballs does not help against a fully resistant man (thanks Nozokan Relic!)

Kundri: The rest of the demons weren't that bad either.

DJ: Your NDE in the first tomb made me stop for the night.

LB: I still hate unravellers and scarabs. Kundri almost died being surrounded by a horde of scarabs and burning dead.

Kundri: That wasn't very pleasant.

DJ: Anything else to add?

LB: I think that's it for now. Tomorrow we push on to the rest of the tombs. Please don't let there be anymore unravellers and scarabs.

DJ: Once you get to act III the unravelers and scarabs stop.

Kundri: Yay! Let's go Lu Bu! time for work again! *shoots a passing Crusher in the head with her bow.

Lu Bu: Yep, we're out for now. *fades out via satellite as a horde of crushers and hell cats appear.

DJ: Next will be an visit from the soothsayer, his lady, and the clay golem.

Lu Bu level 27 in the Canyon of the Magi, False Tomb #1 cleared out, with his faithful female assistant Kundri the Cold Rogue.

DJ appears

*casts level 20 thread revive

Guan Lu is with us again from somewhere in the Black Marsh.

GL: Hey guys, I haven't updated because I've been waiting for a better weapon. Those throwing knives were, to put in Charles Barkley's words: turrible. Then one of the random monsters slain by Lu Bu dropped this.

Skull Grinder
    Scepter
    +20% ED
    +1-2 Damage
    +17% Damage against Demons
    + 42 AR against Demons
    + 6 Poison damage over 2 sec

I picked it up off a stash and then used it to clear the Tower of the countess.

Liaza: Hi guys. He found me an actual decent bow too.

Guan Lu: This Bow was in a chest. Must have been left by some great rogue archer.

Glyph Needle
    Hunter's Bow
    5% Chance to cast Amplify Damage on striking
    +2 Minimum Damage
    +15 poison damage over 4 sec
    +1 to mana after each kill

Liaza started celebrating after we identified the bow at Cain's.

Liaza: Finally things are starting to speed up.

DJ: Unfortunately, you guys are going to be on the backburner for a bit. I need to work on getting Diao Chan through the rest of Act 5 so you guys can have more decent gear as you advance.

Guan Lu: Fine with me, time to go talk with Akara about soothsaying.

Liaza: I think I'll go hang out with Flavie and shoot some more arrows.

*Clay Golem appears

CG: Raaaaggggghhhh!!

Liaza: He's curious why he didn't get invited to this interview.

DJ: I forgot. Wait, why are you looking at me like that. Aaaaaahhhh!!

*CG starts chasing DJ around the room.

GL: I think this session is over. Now I can work on reading my oracle bones some more. It says: The audience reading this will prosper and find success in all they do.

Liaza: Bye from the Black Marsh.

*fades out, DJ is heard screaming in the background, No! No! Not the face, yaaaggghhh!

Guan Lu, level 17 in the Black Marsh (about to head for Tamoe Highlands), with his happy companion, Liaza the Fire Rogue, and Angry Clay Golem

Woo! I've been waiting for more of this

DJ: Today we join Xu Zhu from the Outer Cloister. How do you feel?

XZ: Tired. There were too many cold enchanted things today.

DJ: Tell us about your new equipment.

XZ: DJ peeked through his stash and gave me an pair of Antlers that had +3 Wearbear and +2 Lycantrophy. That made things speed up. He also looked through his stash and handed me a 47% Goreshovel. I would like to ask you why you haven't played me in a year....

DJ: Today I wanted to play a werebear, so I chose you to work with.

XZ: Anyway, I gained my 18th level now.

*transmission interrupted

Cao Cao: Why is my bodyguard only halfway through the first town when I'm in act II?

DJ: Uhhh.......

Cao Cao: *prepares sword to attack DJ

DJ: That's all for now.

*runs

Cao Cao: I want that bodyguard in Act II by tomorrow, or else you'll have to deal with me!

*chases after DJ with a crystal sword.

Xu Zhu, the tired werebear, level 18 in the Outer Cloister. Next Up: The Barracks

Today's update is brought to you by Diao Chan and Cao Cao, as they wanted to do one with out DJ....

DC: I am in the Arreat Plateau scheming to head into the Crystalline Passage. DJ got me some really good stuff (greater talons +2 SM, Trickster's Amulet of the Squid, and Psychic Coronet of Negation. Today was pretty much a cake walk. Mizan got an ethereal Insight Poleaxe, so I don't have to worry about mana potions anymore.

Mizan: This Insight is very useful. I should've gotten it before Diablo.

CC: I'm in the Dry Hills looking for the Halls of the Dead. I got some stuff from DJ too, including a new crystal sword that adds 18-43 fire damage and has two sockets. I need some lightning resist though, the scarabs really hurt with 30 LR. Fiona is doing fine with a Mechanic's Composite Bow of Amplify Damage. It has a Tal and a chipped sapphire in it.

*Lu Bu appears.

LB: What is this?

DC: Uhh.. Nothing... *uses dragon flight to head back to the Arreat Plateau.

CC: We were just having a talk.

LB: Sure you were, I need to have a word with DJ, he hasn't played me in a while.

CC: He isn't here today.

LB: Don't I still have unfinished business with you?

CC: *runs out of the room

LB: Oh well, more beer for me at Atma's I guess.

Diao Chan: Level 40 in the Arreat Plateau with her faithful merc Mizan, now also with a Shadow Master. Up Next: Crystalline Passage

Cao Cao: Level 23 in the Dry Hills with his fire rogue Fiona: Up next, Halls of the Dead