Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: The ROTK Sept progress thread

This is awesome. Definitely provides some motivation for me to start posting some progress on my sept, too. Thank you.

BattleTag DJMBBANDIE07-1586

Nice to see there are people reading this thread and receiving encouragement.

Quick update on Yue Ying. She is now level 15 and just rescued the old man from Tristram. NDEs include Rakinishu and Treehead Woodfist due to not having a mercenary. Notable finds include Arctic Furs from a chest in the Stony Field and some more rares. She'll continue after one of my higher level characters donates some kept mana potions to her.

Here's Guan Lu's conversation with Griswald.

GL: Hi, you look eager to get your fortune told!

Griswold: Brains.....

GL: *shakes bones. Unfortunately, the bones foresee your death today.

Griswold: Aaahhhh......

GL: Wow, my first non-complaining customer. (Hey, what are you doing, Stop!)

Griswold: Attacks Golem. Liaza begins firing arrows at him.

*After much time.....

GL: The session is over. *Looks over corpse. Hmm... not a lot, as usual.

He's now level 15 and preparing to enter the Black Marsh. Cain didn't turnout to be a soothsayer at all.

Diao Chan is making final preparations for the Council and Mephisto. She is now at the Travincal waypoint. She found a bunch of set items in LK and the Kurast Bazaar, including Vidalia's Rig, Cathan's Rule, Isenhart's Horns, Cleglaw's Pincers, another notable find was Steelgoad in LK from a corpse. She also finally gambled a magical halberd and used the chipped gem method to put two sockets in it. Lu Bu will finally begin tomorrow. She is level 31.

Lu Bu is content with himself. He is about to rescue an old person who Akara says will be useful to him. Chipped topazes have fallen for him like leaves from trees. Currently he has seven (four in armor), three waiting for gem shrines. Thanks to two jewels of freedom and some rare items with + strength, he picked up his favorite weapon, the Halberd, at level 8. Everything fell in one or two hits. The shortest battle with Blood Raven ever was noted by him, as it only took three whacks before she disappeared. Kashya was definitely more modest after he slapped her in the face for insulting him. I think Polearm Mastery will be maxed first for him. He is using bash for everything right now. She gave him "the best assistant for a man that can kill everything", Kundri the cold rogue. Now he rests and watches Charsi make items. I think he'll be updated constantly for a while. He is right now at level 11 and will be 12 with the death of two monsters in the Stony Field.

Lu Bu raged through the Stony Field with his halberd. He discovered that he was getting used to using it again, and the evisceration of demons was pleasing to him. The battle with Treehead Woodfist really couldn't be called a battle. More like three whacks and one dead brute. Tristram was cleared rapidly. He began punching Akara in the face and threatening to leave her in Tristram after she offered him a glimmering ring for rescuing Cain. The others had to plead for her life, and he spared her when even Kundri began begging. He's gotten used to her shooting arrows and becoming a distraction for the demons. He then wandered into the Black Marsh and took his anger out on the brutes and vile archers that inhabited it. The countess was the only person who calmed him down slightly, as she dropped two Rals upon her death. Now he is planning to head for the Monastery via the Tamoe Highlands. He is level 16 heading for 17.

Very short update on Diao Chan, who will take on Meph after I take a nap. She is sitting at the Durance level 2 waypoint. The council wasn't that bad, with a handy cold resist shrine in front for Toorc, and traps pretty much did most of the work along with Mizan. The durance had dolls, so caution was used and she used lots of CoS.

Diao Chan has made it past Mephisto with a steady use of full rejuvenation (for Mizan). Meph dropped another Steelgoad and Cathans Seal, along with a bunch of bad rares. She is now in the Pandemonium Fortress waiting for the rest of the company to send her some gold she can buy a decrepify charged wand for Diablo (if one exists). Lu Bu is now in the Outer Cloister. He has made it finally to level 18 and his first point in concentrate. He has gotten attached to Kundri as they survived an NDE in the pit level 1 due to a spectral hit dark stalker mob and a fire enchanted dark archer mob. He was touched when Kundri attempted to tank the dark stalker leader herself. They both ended up with low life, but survived. Shortly after that the game rewarded Kundri with a new bow.

Blood Flight
    Hunter's Bow
    25% Enhanced Damage
    +25 AR
    +2 Minimum Damage
    +1-8 Lightning Damage
    +6 Poison Damage
    5% chance to cast level 1 Amp damage on Striking

Let's just say she was on cloud nine. Lu Bu was now also content because Kundri now could make the monsters easier for him to kill with her arrows. The rest of the pit and the outer cloister was cleared without a lot of trouble.

Lu Bu: So this Smith person should be a challenge, right?

DJ: He should.

Lu Bu: Good, I'm looking forward to one.

Lu Bu walks in.

Lu Bu: The desert is not very healthy for me. *coughs. Way too much dust.

DJ: You've had fun on this journey haven't you?

Lu Bu: The Smith was pathetic.

DJ: Hmm... without Kundri's arrow amping him, you would've had a time with his hits.

Lu Bu: He still wasn't as strong as you told me.

DJ: Okay, moving on....

Lu Bu: That maiden of anguish was weak. Women shouldn't lead groups.

DJ: Come now, she killed Kundri once.

Lu Bu: I tanked her without any problems. Why is battle cry so hard to use? The range of the cry should definitely be louder because I'm Lu Bu!

DJ: It helped with the three packs of cold enchanted tainted and afflicted, didn't it?

Lu Bu: speaking of which, get me some cold resist! The monsters really like to chill me and I am ineffective when chilled!

DJ: Hmm... If your luck ever improves a little, maybe you will get some.

Lu Bu: I did get this ring, remember? That maiden dropped it. I don't think she's really a maiden.
    Corruption touch
    Ring
    +3 Mana
    +44 AR
    + 18 Fire Resist
    +5% Better Chance to get Magic Items
    Half Freeze Duration

DJ: I think if you had better MF, this ring would be a Nagel.

Lu Bu: Anything interesting in the desert?

DJ: Oh yeah, Lots. Mummies that shoot poison projectiles, Scarabs that sent off Lightning Bolts when you attack them (remember those Wraiths and Bone Mages?), And of course, the Prince of Pain himself.

Lu Bu: Please don't tell me he chills.

DJ: He does.

Lu Bu: Oh well, hopefully I get some better stuff soon.

DJ: Hopefully.

Lu Bu: Off to get drinks at Atma's Tavern.

Lu Bu Level 20 Lut Gholein, accompanied by Kundri the Cold Rogue.

Cao Cao enters.

Cao Cao: My ambition cannot be stopped!

DJ: Neither can your luck with items.

Cao Cao: I hope that Lenymo I found in the Pit level 2 is put to good use.

DJ: Yue Ying says thanks for it.

Cao Cao: can't really complain that much about the item drops. a 20% russet grand charm and a 15% azure grand charm really help with resists. The Nagelring is also nice but 16% MF is sort of disappointing.

DJ: You should see my assassin in the Slow and Steady Tournament that constantly picks up things that she cannot use because they're other class specific.

Cao Cao: Speaking of which, I even got a bunch of Targes to drop.

DJ: Don't forget about your new weapon that dropped in the Catacombs.

Cao Cao: That weapon will be put to use for a little while.

Loath Cleaver
    Falchion

+10% Attack Speed
    +12 Poison Damage over 3 seconds
    +4% Mana Leech
    +28% Damage against Undead
    +30 AR versus Undead
    Socketed (2)

What are you going to put into the sockets?

DJ: Hmm... I'm thinking maybe some fire damage and more cold damage?

*Lu Bu walks in.

Lu Bu: Cao Cao! My sworn enemy! What do you have to say for executing me!

Cao Cao: Uhh... Time to end this conversation.... *Runs Out

Lu Bu: And you, Why have you made my enemy enter where I am?

DJ: You'll start for the desert tomorrow. This interview is over!!! *Sprints away.

Lu Bu: *chases after Cao Cao.

Cao Cao level 21 Lut Gholein, accompanied by Fiona the Fire Rogue