Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BattleTag SparkOne-1556

Re: Wizard Blizzard skill animation look's terrible

what drives me nuts is that it looks like giant soft shaped rain drops, not chisel ice shards propelled by 100mph winds.

Banned

Why? Who knows. One can only guess. It looks cartoony...to say the least. I would call it cheezy. Youd think they would put more into that. Very unlikely to be re-animated either. Not at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbj View Post
    Hey,

I just saw the new video for the wizard skill "Blizzard", and like all the comment's on that page and the comments around the web lately say, IT LOOKS TERRIBLE !!! like, seriously? this is blizzard !? it need's to look and feel awesome and it's really isn't, it look's like a cartoony water drops, it look's bad, lame, terrible.

Just see for yourself and tell me what you think:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/wizard/active/blizzard

also look at the comments at this page (the page where they produced the new skill videos):
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4612390/In-Development__Class_Skill_Videos_Continued-3_13_2012#blog

Quote Originally Posted by yovargas View Post
    As I noted elsewhere, IMO, all of the returning Wizard skills looked and sounded better in D2 (with the possible exception of Frost Nova). This coming from someone who generally likes the art direction quite a bit. Pretty disappointing for me as the Mage class is usually my favorite.
    i almost always use the mage and archer class in games, in d3 the other classes are standing out more so for me. none of the wizard spells really have that "BOOM" factor to me. my wow mage was named apocaboom and i had planned to bring him back for d3 but i dont know if its fitting. the lazers that many people like i kind of hate. meteor does not look horrible to me couple others look ok but i really wanted more from the spell slinger

IncGamers Member

Yeah it looks just plain awful. Very dissapointed, as I was looking forward to this one. You would think they would have put more effort into one of the wizards signature skills than that. Archon was pretty dissapointing as well.

For meteor, the skill rune Meteor shower looks awesome. Although I agree the basic variation is kinda lackluster.

As for Blizzard, I like the slush effect, and that a misty cloud appears on top when the spell is cast, but the ice shards doesn't look like a blizzard storm and one that could do massive damage.

Perhaps the skill runes might look better.

However, I think the reason the animations were toned down is because it might cause visibility problems.

Imagine 3 wizards spamming these skills on the same screen, and you are playing a melee char like a barb or monk, you can't even see where your character is.

This is not even taken to account what monsters could do (remember, they could also cast these spells).

Last edited by raveharu; 15-03-2012 at 01:00.

BattleTag anku-1808

I hope the skillrunes make it look better because it looked extremely underwhelming..

BattleTag SparkOne-1556

Guys you have to realize that the skill animation will change with runes. For instance, grasping chill will add a mist on the ground. Unrelenting storm will most likely beef up the animation to everyone's expectations.... Makes sense, similar to magic missile charged blast.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkFour View Post
    Guys you have to realize that the skill animation will change with runes. For instance, grasping chill will add a mist on the ground. Unrelenting storm will most likely beef up the animation to everyone's expectations.... Makes sense, similar to magic missile charged blast.
    I love how Blizzard intentionally used the basic skill and the nerds start to QQ and whine (some of the comments in the skill page are hilarious).

BattleTag anku-1808

Wait wait wait.
    Blizzard doesn't have a cooldown right?

That means only one thing.

BattleTag Hylian-1397

Quote Originally Posted by raveharu View Post
    I love how Blizzard intentionally used the basic skill and the nerds start to QQ and whine (some of the comments in the skill page are hilarious).
    You know people who disagree with you don't have to be insulted for having a different opinion right? The projectiles coming down are pretty weak looking, but the cold wind thats kind of in the background of the animation is good.