Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Re: OT: The Nuzlocke Challenge (Pokemon)

You need to do a restart. We want you here!
    Also, not that bad. Think of it this way - if you're really really lucky this time you'll maybe catch a pikachu in the forrest!

magikarp is lvl 19. come on already. He's leveling at the same pace as my nidoqueen who is at a much higher lvl.

BattleTag Skjolde -2230

Ok. So I restarted. Starter Pokemon is Squirtle, Rival is named Frede, Let's do this!

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Official Moose
    It's better to burn out than to fade away

Quote Originally Posted by FoE
    So after beating my rival, Skjolde, I won the next badge
    Initially, I was discussing this with Skjolde. I named my rival that too.
    Can Bellsprout learn Sleep powder? Either Butterfree or Bellsprout would be good for catching that Abra then. And what Pikachu in the forest? It's been so long, I can't remember these.

Jeffrey the Nidoqueen. XD

AI pokemon with Confuse Ray are so annoying. There's really not much you can do, apart from hope you don't hurt yourself. Sorry to hear about the blacking out, Skj, and best of luck with Squirtle.

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    but then he [gyarados] becomes a murderous death dragon and is winning incarnate
    Until you throw him with half health and poisoned against a Raichu. XD

Edit: Going to change the rules somewhat, if there's agreeance. It doesn't seem right as is to me anymore, and some here probably thought that too. Being offered a trade - wild encounter? Accepting an offered trade, or receiving/buying a Pokemon counts as the encounter from an area. But just talking to someone and being offered one shouldn't. Especially when this is very close to a blind run for most of us. Thoughts?

Last edited by Drystan; 11-03-2012 at 23:47.

BattleTag Skjolde -2230

Pikachu is in forrest, but I wasn't that lucky:P

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Official Moose
    It's better to burn out than to fade away

Quote Originally Posted by Drystan View Post
    Initially, I was discussing this with Skjolde. I named my rival that too.
    Can Bellsprout learn Sleep powder? Either Butterfree or Bellsprout would be good for catching that Abra then. And what Pikachu in the forest? It's been so long, I can't remember these.

Jeffrey the Nidoqueen. XD
    Yes, Bellsprout learns Sleep powder. Along with stun spore and poison powder all before lvl 20. Also it already knows vine whip and will learn acid and razor leaf (teh awesome) later. It doesn't need much xp to lvl and have rather good offensive stats (sucky defense though). I'm very satisfied with it so far and hoping that I will keep it alive until it's final evolution.

And yes, Pikachu can be found in the viridian forrest. But it's rare. I did encounter a couple.

Until you throw him with half health and poisoned against a Raichu. XD
    Why would you ever do that xD?

Edit: Going to change the rules somewhat, if there's agreeance. It doesn't seem right as is to me anymore, and some here probably thought that too. Being offered a trade - wild encounter? Accepting an offered trade, or receiving/buying a Pokemon counts as the encounter from an area. But just talking to someone and being offered one shouldn't. Especially when this is very close to a blind run for most of us. Thoughts?
    Sounds good to me.

-----

Moved on and kicked Lt. Surge's butt. Caught my self a diglett and a sandshrew. Diglett is quite awesome but I see no room for the sandslash. I'm at work, so going of memory here but here's my current team:

Jimmy, lvl 19 magikarp
    Jeremy, lvl 26 weepinbell
    Jeffrey, lvl 26 nidoqueen
    James, lvl 23 raticate
    Jonah, lvl 12 sandshrew
    J-idontrememberthename, lvl 20 diglett

When Magikarp evolves and learns Bubblebeam that will take care of the water element. Jeffrey is the king of normal type with mega punch and body slam, while Jeremy pwns rock/water types with poison and grass attacks. Since I recon the odds for finding an electric pokemon any time soon aren't good I was cheesy enough to teach James the Raticate Thunderbolt. Diglett will be my rock/ground type for now. That preatty much just leaves fire, which will be tough. I'm really hoping I'll find a growlithe or vulpix (whichever spawns in blue) outside cerulean city. Also, when time comes and I'm still alive, I'll of course get my self a Gastly.

Edit: short info about the battle against surge.. Nidoqueen/diglett both immune to electric attacks. Dig/dig/dig/dig. Mega punch/mega punch/mega punch.

BattleTag beest-1991

vulpix is blue. and i believe unlike growlithe lacks growl. therefore easier to catch.

will try to get some more time on tonight.
    there is a chance of voltorb and magnemite outside dark cave. besides that i think it's luck in the safari zone, eevee in (big shop city with the grass gym) or surfing to the electric power plant.

Quote Originally Posted by corax View Post
    vulpix is blue. and i believe unlike growlithe lacks roar. therefore easier to catch.

ftfy

I actually remember having a sick ninetales once. Would love to relive that. And it's cute too.

BattleTag beest-1991

thats what i meant.

pffft arcanine > ninetales. everytime.

I usually only used one of them until I could get moltres. Then it didn't matter. I can't decide which I wanna spent my master ball on. Probably depends on the pokemons I have left. Mewtwo is of course also allways a possibility, but a high level Haunter/Gengar can be pretty decent for a psychic pokemon.

BattleTag beest-1991

mewtwo is a waste unless you are going for all pokemon as you have already completed the game.

i also always tried to avoid the legendary mons. i prefer evolutionable ones.