Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Re: OT: The Nuzlocke Challenge (Pokemon)

Well I started up white with some new rules: I'm free to search for whatever pokemon I want but I can only use pokemon that have one of two predetermined typings (if a pokemon has two typings only one of them needs to be one of the chosen ones). Also no items in fights, but the rest is pretty nuzlocke with fainting=dead and blackout=game over.

I went with steel + flying and after the first gym a normal/flying bird became available so I ditched my starter and the ape I used to get past the first gym. Before the 2nd gym I also got a flying/psychic type. 2nd gym (normal typing) was going good with my evolved bird having roost to recover damage. I was just about to kill the last pokemon of the gym leader when it used a max potion or something, and then I miscalculated and attacked when I shouldve used roost again.. The psychic bird was pretty useless with low def. and hp stats. I'm gonna restart now with fighting/ghost

Update:
    Spoiler
    Last edited by PandadudeSP; 30-04-2013 at 22:06.

Still going on Emerald. I have killed quite a few pokemon, so that is fun. Currently, I am trying to stop two pokemon who are threatening to destroy the world and whatnot.

Yeah I'm on a killing spree aswell atm. Will-o-wisp misses twice in a row while gurdurr bulks up twice and then he rock slide OHKOs.. Forgot that fire was weak to rock, so then I went back to using my starter emboar.

Stupid me I then switch emboar into an escavalier because my jellicent kept missing with will-o-wisp (this skill is killing me), even though I knew he had aerial ace. Cut to critical hit aerial ace on a fighting type and my starter is officially dead. Then I was leveling up a golett with exp-share (ghost/ground) in dark grass and killed a bird with volt switch force switched to golett whom I then killed with surf from my jellicent… ****ing still havent gotten used to double battles. Got 7 badges down, 1 to go.

Edit: Reached pokemon league
    Spoiler

Seems I still have some stuff to do before fighting N for the last time though. This has been the most challenging elite four of the games I've played due to restricting myself from using any items in battle compared to previously where I'd just spam full restores.

Edit 2: Fought and killed zekrom, found out I HAD to catch him, did that, fought and beat N, mainly sweeping with a swords dance boosted terrakion (my rock/fighting legendary) but lost him and someone else I've forgotten because I hadnt prepared for N by looking at his pokemon or moves or anything. I mean, who cares, its the final boss right? Except then some ghetsis guy jumps out and fights me RIGHT AFTER. What was wrong with elite FOUR + 1 champion? Why'd they have to add a 5th guy out of nowhere?! Anyways, I kill two of his pokemon, a pure ghost and a pure electic type, but then he switches in a lvl 54 hydreigon (for players it doesnt evolve before lvl 64 but thanks anyway) who outsped all my pokemon and 1 or 2 shoots them with wide type coverage. Blackout.
    Last edited by PandadudeSP; 04-05-2013 at 01:05. Reason: Update

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

So round 3 is emerald?

I had one question regarding the rules,

3. You may only catch the first Pokemon encountered in each area.
    3.b) Towns count as areas, and pokemon caught, given or traded are counted as your one wild encounter for that area.

Am I reading it correct to say that if we wanted to trade with someone in a town we would need to have found the pokemon they wanted as the "first encounter"?
    Trollin', trollin', trollin'
    through the forums scrollin'
    Keep those comments flowin', DON'T HIDE!

Hmm. Thought this thread had disappeared more than a month and a half ago.

I'd say it should be a first encounter, but I can see it requiring a fair amount of luck. Too much, so I imagine most people would agree that it doesn't really matter. Just find the one they want, catch it, and trade it over. It seems impractical otherwise.

Also, the rules are not set in stone for this challenge. They were my initial interpretation to give structure and challenge, and may be used, altered, or have a new set entirely to add a different challenge. The main thing was to have fun, and add a good challenge.

As to current version, I think most people were in Emerald, but I think most of us finished (*cough* whiting out for me) that version. Any version now is up for discussion if you have a preference to versions.

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

It did, but I found an emulator for my phone and have been playing on the bus into work .

Although now that I am going to be driving (it ends up cheaper with two of us) I might not play as often.

As for a version, I'd be tempted for platinum.
    Trollin', trollin', trollin'
    through the forums scrollin'
    Keep those comments flowin', DON'T HIDE!

Cakes. If you're still interested, I'll start a Platinum run with you. I won't have a lot of time, thus I'll be abusing emulator speed (it is a pretty large game, with some big counter moves,) but I'd be able to make some steady progress. Can update in this thread if you're interested.

Im not taking the nuzlocke challenge but i have a question and thought this would be the best place to ask it. Im playing emerald and just beat wattson the electric gym leader i have a lvl 28 marshstomp and lvl 22 aron. Will these two pokemon get me far? and what pokemon should i be looking for to bolster my team?

;

I can't really recall - it was early in the year that I ran through Emerald, and haven't played any versions since. This was my first go in Emerald, so many of the evolutions were new to me. I loaded my file, and had Swampert, Altaria, Lindoone, and three legendaries. Look for ones you like, and have some diversity in your team. It's up to you what types you like most, so give those a try first.
    I can't really say any more than that. Maybe someone else with more knowledge of Emerald can help. Good luck.

Get an electric type. (Manectric or whatever it's called is east of electric gym in grass across from water) Teach ice beam/surf to swampert to crush entire game.