Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can you sell Collectors edition items on the Auction House?

I am curious if you can or not, My friend claims he saw a blue post saying you may sell any item on the AH, which would include the C.E. Angel wings and dyes. Is this true for false?

BattleTag Ask me!

Re: Can you sell Collectors edition items on the Auction House?

I don't think you can sell angel wings or dyes on the AHs. But items that have been dyed with one of the CE dyes, maybe?

interesting. selling items already dyed, if they let you that may be a good way to turn a profit

No. /thread.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xlyzqg

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Kaos047-1584

Yes, you can. Bashiok posted in a thread specifically asking about this. He said the items will not be tradable themselves, but items you have dyed with the CE dye will be.

BattleTag Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by KaoticSoul View Post
    but items you have dyed with the CE dye will be.
    I HOPE that the dye will disappear in that case... it probably won't but it feels like the value of CE dyes will be greatly reduced if they can be obtained through a friend :/ this makes Urzuxo sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    interesting. selling items already dyed, if they let you that may be a good way to turn a profit
    Probably, but only when you're trading them in-game. The reason is that the AH doesn't show you the color of the item as far as I know. This means that once or twice you may trade an item for more than it's worth when you find a buyer in a game or in the chat, but doing this constantly instead of just selling your stuff on the AH will require a lot of time and time is money.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Kaos047-1584

That may be possible. Personally I'm hoping it doesn't. As Apocolypse said it may be a good way to make a profit.

EDIT: Hardrock has a good point. I wasn't aware that you could not see dye colors on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Urzuxo View Post
    I HOPE that the dye will disappear in that case... it probably won't but it feels like the value of CE dyes will be greatly reduced if they can be obtained through a friend :/ this makes Urzuxo sad.
    do we know how dyes work exactly? is the ce dye an unlimited use item? is it 1 use per char? either way it will decrease the "cool/wow" factor to having the CE dyes. i mean even at 1 per char created people can just make dye trade delete and do it all over again. so ya i am with you i hope the color vanishes during trading, even if there is profit to be made

BattleTag Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    do we know how dyes work exactly? is the ce dye an unlimited use item? is it 1 use per char? either way it will decrease the "cool/wow" factor to having the CE dyes. i mean even at 1 per char created people can just make dye trade delete and do it all over again. so ya i am with you i hope the color vanishes during trading, even if there is profit to be made
    CE dyes are unlimited (that is confirmed). Someone in this thread made a point though that you can't see on the AH if an item is dyed so the only way to make a profit from the CE dyes is person-person trading which means that it won't happen so frequently. Urzuxo is happy again.