Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BattleTag Halfsoul-2361

Re: How to specialize in traps

Quote Originally Posted by snurrfint View Post
    I don't use the passive Cull the Weak though I agree it is one of the best passives for a trapper build. I really want the fastest discipline regeneration possible. Or perhaps you meant one of my other DH builds?
    sorry about the misunderstanding, but it was Elfik´s build but I just saw your´s and it also looks nice. I like stuns a lot and think they would be very powerful if used correctly, so this is what I would maybe use.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...iTY!VUe!aaYcYZ

Well now that spike trap costs hatred instead of spends it, a lot of the former ideas will no longer work. Suppression fire + preparation should still work, but with spike trap hatred costs and some discipline costs from other skills, it will be less effective. Bandolier is less effective, and it's unclear if scatter will costs 30 hatred or 90 hatred, but the latter is more likely, so it's probably worthless.

The 30 hatred cost of spike trap means hatred generators are pretty much mandatory, and the best one is still preparation: "punishment".
    Unfortunately preparation puts a damper on other discipline skills, notably caltrops, vault, and sentry. However I believe only one sentry will be permitted at a time so sentry's cost won't be prohibitive (same thing with companion).

As for primary hatred generators, the best are grenades or entangling shot, as they can be runed to generate 6 hatred per use. My preference is for entangling shot, as I've heard grenades is low accuracy and short ranged. With entangling shot, the need for caltrops is reduced, so preparation runed for hatred generation is much more enticing (also it fits the theme, one must prepare traps ahead of time).

So this is a new trap build that incorporates multishot + suppression fire, but the focus is on spike trap, not multishot. However I figured multishot would never be a bad skill to have, and I don't know how fast spike traps will trigger so there may be excess time which means excess hatred. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...QkV!bfU!YYYbcZ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfik View Post
    Bandolier is less effective, and it's unclear if scatter will costs 30 hatred or 90 hatred, but the latter is more likely, so it's probably worthless.
    You mean Scatter, right? I don't think Spike Trap costs 90 Hatred with it, that would make no sense. Instead, I think 3 Spike Traps would cost as much as one would normally, but the drawback is that you can't spread your Traps.

Bandolier is indeed less effective, as it will require a good amount of Hatred to use 6 traps.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfik View Post
    I've heard grenades is low accuracy and short ranged.
    Range is not a problem with Grenades, but aiming them is a *****. Basically, they fall in a line where you point, but they have inertia, so they keep bouncing forwards. They also ricochet off the environment.