Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Necklace of Leah

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    Speculation about what being possessed by a demon lord does to the Punnett square aside, this is a Blizzard game. They looooooooove the dark woman concept. Leah is totally Diablo's daughter. A bit of corruption around the edges is boring and too subtle for this series. It's all there in the BoC what with Cain's dream and Leah's freaky childhood. I'm sure at some point in D3 she'll use some crazy demonic powers, along with her Horadrim lessons from Cain, to save the day.
    No doubt she'll use her powers, but seeing the corruption+redemption theme, for the third time, will be to much for me. I've seen it in wow, starcraft, and idk if I could stand to see it again in Diablo. Here's why it won't be boring. BLACK SOULSTONE . Diablo games are an ensemble cast. A little story plo on the main characters and some plot with secondary characters. Expanding the influence of the secondary characters would be awesome.

(My thoughts) They should play it out as Leah bypassing what Uldyssian went through to become nephalem. Her infection of Diablo's essence has allowed her a "demonform" and she can use nephalem powers, but it's a curse that she goes a little more evil each time she does. That would leave an opening to expand nephalem powers in the expansion. So in D3, here's what a nephalem can do, in D3x here's how you become one.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by droppin View Post
    No doubt she'll use her powers, but seeing the corruption+redemption theme, for the third time, will be to much for me.
    It wouldn't have to go down the road. In the previous games the morality is pretty clear cut: angels good, demons bad. But for this game they're using all the nephalem, angels-are-jerks stuff from the books. So they're gonna need a way to make the morality a bit grayer. Leah being part demon (even the spawn of Diablo!) while still being good along with Imperius being an asshat angel could be a good way to hammer that concept home. Also, the last of the Horadrim being half-demon could be pseudo-ironic.

Diablo games are an ensemble cast. A little story plo on the main characters and some plot with secondary characters. Expanding the influence of the secondary characters would be awesome.
    It seems like Leah is the Marius of D3. She's basically the main character of all the cinemas shown so far (even the demon-angel war of the intro was her dream). And I wouldn't be surprised if she follows us around in every act. I'm sure she'll be the NPC with the most lines. Our characters are a collection of interchangeable cardboard cut outs for gameplay purposes.

(My thoughts) They should play it out as Leah bypassing what Uldyssian went through to become nephalem. Her infection of Diablo's essence has allowed her a "demonform" and she can use nephalem powers, but it's a curse that she goes a little more evil each time she does. That would leave an opening to expand nephalem powers in the expansion. So in D3, here's what a nephalem can do, in D3x here's how you become one.
    Sounds like an idea for a cool new class.

It wouldn't have to go down the road. In the previous games the morality is pretty clear cut: angels good, demons bad. But for this game they're using all the nephalem, angels-are-jerks stuff from the books. So they're gonna need a way to make the morality a bit grayer. Leah being part demon (even the spawn of Diablo!) while still being good along with Imperius being an asshat angel could be a good way to hammer that concept home. Also, the last of the Horadrim being half-demon could be pseudo-ironic.
    I don't see why they need to make morality gray. That's how our world got into this mess, everyone wanting morality to be relativistic. I liked the way D1 was straight up about it. Here's good and here's bad. You fight bad, You like good, you tarzan...

Ya that would be funny the last horadrim is part demon.

Last edited by droppin; 22-03-2012 at 02:55. Reason: text

IncGamers Member

Well your forgetting that according to the lore all humans are the spawn of a demon angel relationship so everyone in diablo universe is a part demon already (50% angel 50% demon = a Diablo universe human).

Quote Originally Posted by The Rockman View Post
    Well your forgetting that according to the lore all humans are the spawn of a demon angel relationship so everyone in diablo universe is a part demon already (50% angel 50% demon = a Diablo universe human).
    Except that lore was added later :/.

IncGamers Member

Except that lore was added later :/.
    Pretty sure it was made before Diablo 3 even went into production.

Pretty sure it was made before Diablo 3 even went into production.
    Can't remmebr anything from Diablo specifically stating this concept. The earliest would've been Diablo 2 and Inarius game manual stuff.

IncGamers Member

Can't remmebr anything from Diablo specifically stating this concept. The earliest would've been Diablo 2 and Inarius game manual stuff.
    The Nephalem stuff is from the books, the first of which was published in 2006. Metzen worked with Knaak on the details.

As for the point about humans already being half of each already, that's true. But you'd have to think being the daughter of a Prime would make you more powerful than usual (e.g. Lilith). Especially since the powers of most humans (except the heroes, apparently) have degraded so much over time whereas Leah could be closer to a first generation Nephalem.

I got all excited about new views on the thread..., but then I saw it was a friggin gold seller necroing the thread.

Let me spoiler this up with my theory after reading the Book of Cain and watching the three pre-release cinematics.

Spoiler

This is all just my theory of how the story goes from reading the Book of Cain and watching the three pre-release YouTube cinematics.