Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38
  1. #11
    IncGamers Member droppin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    355

    Re: Necklace of Leah

    Just read the synopsis to The Order on amazon. Yes it shows the necklace on the cover and it talks of the Horadrim, but with one very interesting distinction. "Leah, an eight-year-old girl feared by many to carry a diabolical curse. What is her secret? How is it tied to the prophesied End of Days?" Looks like even though it talks about Cain and the Horadrim, it might open the door to Leah being a seer. Look at it on the cover too. Looks like an eye


    Last edited by droppin; 07-03-2012 at 16:35. Reason: weird spacing

  2. #12
    Site Contributor fmulder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,047

    Re: Necklace of Leah

    Quote Originally Posted by droppin View Post
    Just read the synopsis to The Order on amazon. Yes it shows the necklace on the cover and it talks of the Horadrim, but with one very interesting distinction. "Leah, an eight-year-old girl feared by many to carry a diabolical curse. What is her secret? How is it tied to the prophesied End of Days?" Looks like even though it talks about Cain and the Horadrim, it might open the door to Leah being a seer. Look at it on the cover too. Looks like an eye
    Diablolical curse? Sounds like a not too subtle hint that Leah will become Diablo



  3. #13
    IncGamers Member Volpula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    146

    Re: Necklace of Leah

    I really wonder the story behind this necklace. I doubt Adria would have given such a powerfull thing to anyone else as she was someone who was onto, up to something and chasing arcane and dark magic. She wouldn't risk losing it I guess. And If that necklace belongs to her originally, that would make her one of the Horadrim which is really unlikely. The other option is Cain, maybe he gave it to Leah without knowing its specialities



  4. #14
    IncGamers Member droppin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    355

    Re: Necklace of Leah

    Quote Originally Posted by Volpula View Post
    I really wonder the story behind this necklace. I doubt Adria would have given such a powerfull thing to anyone else as she was someone who was onto, up to something and chasing arcane and dark magic. She wouldn't risk losing it I guess. And If that necklace belongs to her originally, that would make her one of the Horadrim which is really unlikely. The other option is Cain, maybe he gave it to Leah without knowing its specialities

    According to the Book of Cain, the amazons on Skovos had the necklace, the Sisters of the Sightless Eye took it, and sometime later it was "lost". I'm thinking Adria got it from a Rogue in D1 or earlier. She then saw a future with Leah (LOTR style, like Arwen), got impregnated, went back to Caldeum to raise her in the magics and knowledge from the library at Caldeum, saw she was gonna die, then gave it to Leah as a keepsake. Unbeknownst to Cain (Cain still thinks it's missing) and Leah that it's actually the Sightless Eye.

    In the BoC, they talk about mages from Caldeum searching Xian for prodigies. I'm thinking they brought a young Adria, trained her, and that's why she goes back to Caldeum to raise Leah.



  5. #15
    IncGamers Member droppin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    355

    Re: Necklace of Leah

    Although this might prove troublesome if she's supposed to be Diablo...the Sightless Eye is technically blind i guess...maybe she isn't the female who's becoming Diablo?

    Omg I can't edit my posts >.<

    As to the above question, Lycander and Philios (a nephalem), used the Sightless Eye to communicate between Heaven and Sanctuary. Only humans have been shown to see the future through it. this could be why Itherael has trouble seeing the future of humans. He no longer has the Sightless Eye in his bag of artifacts.


    Last edited by droppin; 10-03-2012 at 02:32. Reason: failing at editing other posts

  6. #16
    IncGamers Member Volpula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    146

    Re: Necklace of Leah

    Quote Originally Posted by droppin View Post
    According to the Book of Cain, the amazons on Skovos had the necklace, the Sisters of the Sightless Eye took it, and sometime later it was "lost". I'm thinking Adria got it from a Rogue in D1 or earlier. She then saw a future with Leah (LOTR style, like Arwen), got impregnated, went back to Caldeum to raise her in the magics and knowledge from the library at Caldeum, saw she was gonna die, then gave it to Leah as a keepsake. Unbeknownst to Cain (Cain still thinks it's missing) and Leah that it's actually the Sightless Eye.

    In the BoC, they talk about mages from Caldeum searching Xian for prodigies. I'm thinking they brought a young Adria, trained her, and that's why she goes back to Caldeum to raise Leah.
    wow droppin, you illimunated me really This is really making sense. And a part in me didn't believe that leah will be corrupted ever since rumors got around on internet. It must be someone else. may 15th will answer this necklaces function I hope.



  7. #17
    IncGamers Member droppin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    355

    Re: Necklace of Leah

    Thnx I do what I can. Blizz could easily pull a fast one with Leah. EVERYONE thinks she will be corrupted, but they could easily say BAM SUCKA it was _____ the whole time muahhahahahah.



  8. #18
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,043

    Re: Necklace of Leah

    Leah isn't corrupted per se. She's Diablo daughter.




  9. #19
    IncGamers Member droppin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    355

    Re: Necklace of Leah

    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    Leah isn't corrupted per se. She's Diablo daughter.
    Not really, he was Aidan at the time. He was human born and only infected with Diablo's essence. Essentially he also infected Leah which means she could become fully infected or just lay dormant (like an STD a mother could pass to a child).

    If Blizzard plot twists what everyone thinks, I believe it's Lilith+Diablo that everyone is seeing. In the BoC page 66+67, it says, "She morphed into a far more horrific form than any had ever seen-of tooth and claw, of spike and blade- and hunted down her fellow renegades." This was during the purge of the nephalem before Uldyssian and Tyrael meet. Look at the pic on page 66, totally looks like female diablo. Blizz will probably bring Baal and Mephisto back in the expansions and have us kill Tathamet or something.



  10. #20
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    1,043

    Re: Necklace of Leah

    Speculation about what being possessed by a demon lord does to the Punnett square aside, this is a Blizzard game. They looooooooove the dark woman concept. Leah is totally Diablo's daughter. A bit of corruption around the edges is boring and too subtle for this series. It's all there in the BoC what with Cain's dream and Leah's freaky childhood. I'm sure at some point in D3 she'll use some crazy demonic powers, along with her Horadrim lessons from Cain, to save the day.



    Last edited by marshmallow; 19-03-2012 at 07:30.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •