Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Improvements

BattleTag tbone-1987

Re: Improvements

I don't want to move this thread too far off track but assuming you're going to go with Treachery on your act 2 merc what's the best base to use? Maybe ebugged 3os eth sacred armor if you can wear it (is that even possible to cube?)

Since I think defense is irrelevant, the highest strength requirement you should go for is a boneweave. I like cryptic axe or thresher for the low requirements - I don't have to wait years and years just to equip them. The same goes for fortitudes or treacheries.

If you're selling to make profit, then use the best defense, but if you're using them yourself, use what is practical. Don't make it so you have to wait to level 99 to equip it.

IncGamers Member

Well if you're using andy's you have the strength to equip pretty much any armor at a resonable level. Even ebug sacred armor can be equipped at level 85, which is only 2 levels after he gets andy's anyway (assuming 30 str).

So if you only have 20% IAS on him (I have a Ral in Andy's to fix the fire res issue) what poleaxe class is best to use?

Also regarding the goldfind barb, I now have all the gear on him, what skill points to go with? I have maxed BO, maxed Sword mastery, I have put 1 point in shout, battle commands, faster run/walk, iron skin and natural defenses, but I sitll have plenty of skillpoints left.

Also I don't see the point in Lem'ed Ali babas. It would be better to put Ist in them and then put them on switch for finding items, and then 2x PB with 6x Lem in each as main weapons.

Regarding Merc gear, I gave him a crown of thieves for the fire resistance against Hydras, increased GF and LL.

Last edited by diabloplayer45; 06-03-2012 at 02:27. Reason: added question that wasn't answered.

Quote Originally Posted by magicrectangle View Post
    Well if you're using andy's you have the strength to equip pretty much any armor at a resonable level. Even ebug sacred armor can be equipped at level 85, which is only 2 levels after he gets andy's anyway (assuming 30 str).
    I know (I was exaggerating...), but I am so damn impatient, I want to get my merc up and running way before level 85.

Please someone answer my questions in post #44 >.>

I'm going to respond to you. Please don't argue with me or cause any trouble. This is a legitimate response.

Quote Originally Posted by diabloplayer45 View Post
    So if you only have 20% IAS on him (I have a Ral in Andy's to fix the fire res issue) what poleaxe class is best to use?
    You can have your cake and eat it too. Trade for a 15ias jewel with 20-30% fire resistance. You can get both of these mods on the same jewel, and will solve both problems to get you to 35ias. If you have to pick between fire res and ias, go with the ias. If you only have 35ias, then you want to go for the Cryptic Axe with Fortitude.

If for some reason you refuse to get 35ias and want to stay with 20 (I highly suggest you don't do this), then your best bet is probably a thresher or giant thresher. This isn't optimal though. I just wouldn't do it.

Also regarding the goldfind barb, I now have all the gear on him, what skill points to go with? I have maxed BO, maxed Sword mastery, I have put 1 point in shout, battle commands, faster run/walk, iron skin and natural defenses, but I sitll have plenty of skillpoints left.
    I just went with the leap variant, so I maxed leap and didn't bother with swords at all. You can read about the leap variation on here somewhere I'm sure. It gives exact skills.

Also I don't see the point in Lem'ed Ali babas. It would be better to put Ist in them and then put them on switch for finding items, and then 2x PB with 6x Lem in each as main weapons.
    Believe it or not, I actually mentioned to you many months ago to get 2x 6 socket crystal swords and put 6 lems in each one. Someone fired back and said "that's expensive", and they convinced you to use the ali-baba's. The crystal swords are better - please use those. I was right.

Also, there is no need to use phase blades. Those require too much stat points to use. Crystal Swords can have 6 sockets, so use those.

Regarding Merc gear, I gave him a crown of thieves for the fire resistance against Hydras, increased GF and LL.
    You can go one of two routes. Either is perfectly fine.

Crown of Thieves (15ias jewel) + Ethereal Reaper's Toll (shael) + Ethereal Treachery (more damage, hits 75% ias breakpoint, more survivability, 25% less gold find)
    Crown of Thieves (15ias jewel) + Ethereal Reaper's Toll (lem) + Ethereal Fortitude (less damage, hits 8% ias breakpoint, 25% more gold find)

I use the treachery setup. It worked fine.

Okay thanks, it's just because I was going to go with your idea of 6xLem swords, then someone suggested Lem'ed ali babas, now another guy suggests Isted ali babas to use with the find-item ability, it's just too damn confusing that's all >.>

IncGamers Member

You still seem to be missing the point. You need weapons you can kill with as your mains. IE dual grief PBs or something. You can use 6x lem CS or babas or whatever as your switch, but you need killing weapons in your main slots.

As for which to use, obviously for pure gold find 6x lem CS/PB is best (PB is fine if you already have the dex for grief PBs). Babas won't give you as much gold, but give you a bunch of MF if you care about that. Some do, some don't. If you're just running travi and nothing else, the lem'd CS/PBs are probably better. If you're clearing/horking chaos too, I prefer the babas, you don't lose that much GF, and the MF is substantial (still lem them though).

Some people says that its better to have your merc killing the high council.

Right now I have all the gear and 1x grief PB and 1x grief BA and I cannot kill council >.> I have maxed sword mastery, max frenzy, 1 point in natural resistances, 1 point in iron skin, 1 point in faster run/walk, max BO.