Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Improvements

IncGamers Member

Re: Improvements

Be warned though that you generally need maybe 100 attempts for a decent ammy (at least in my experience, although I tend to have extremely bad luck). With the logistics of cratfing being what they are, I've never bothered to mass craft; I just let the ingredients accumulate and then craft once I have a full mule of crafting stuff.

Thanks for the heads up, yeah I'm not planning on crafting as a source to getting rich, but my wealth has reached a point where I can afford to do some crafting without it hurting my in-game economy.

IncGamers Member

In my experience crafting is a lot of fun.

Then you turn up buying a 80 craft pack for 2hr and after 30 crafts your like... never mind this crap is boring.

Happened to me. Didnt look back ever. I just save cash for those people that manage to get very lucky.

IncGamers Member

I craft as I get the materials. I still haven't gotten anything truly amazing from crafting, but I have gotten things worth 3-5 HR several times.

Screw DPS mercs. I want a tanking merc.

Guys, what exactly is it that ****s up your merc @ travincial?

It can't be the hydras, my merc does only take little damage from them.

Is it the other spell (red lightning) that council attacks with that ****s him up?

Also whats the best tanking gear?

My Pally's merc is Insight/Prayer and my Sorcs merc is Infinity/Defiance and this is not to be changed.

I was thinking something like Um'ed Gaze and Um'ed Gladiators to maximize resists, DR and MDR.

Also, I'm thinking of a new build.

Pure cold sorc for MFing.

My idea:

Put doom eth cryptic axe on defiance merc which gives him both freeze and defiance, which should help a ton with survivability.

Also put deaths phanton as weapon (+20% cold damage) but it also gives huge fire resists which fixes the lack of fire resists from Spirit.

Something like:

Deaths phantom (ist)
    CoH
    Shako (ptopaz)
    Spirit
    Maras
    Arachds
    Sojs
    WT
    Chancies

Merc:

Doom eth cryptic axe
    Gladiators Bane
    Gaze
    Defiance/Holy freeze

The only problem will be cold immunities, but I have my merc to kill those. Or, I could invest some points in Fireball to quickly take them down.

IncGamers Member

It's the hydras. They do a buttload of extra damage against minions as compared to what they do to players. If you really want to make him tank it, give him a guardian angel and a vamp gaze. Depending what weapon he's using you may need to um one of them, and put a 15 res all jewel in your weapon. Put a vex in the other for 95% fire resist.

As I've told you before, I don't recommend such a setup. It is far better to use a DPS setup and occasionally feed him a full rejuv.

I just tried giving him Doom on, he is not dying as fast in travincial now. I suspect its the defiance boosting his defense and freeze slowing down councils attack/casting rate.

Quote Originally Posted by diabloplayer45 View Post
    I just tried giving him Doom on, he is not dying as fast in travincial now. I suspect its the defiance boosting his defense and freeze slowing down councils attack/casting rate.
    Freeze does not slow down casting rate.

After reading some other threads on this board I am going to test out my merc with the following two setups:

Guardian angel
    Veil of steel (I don't have Kiras)

And

eFort AP
    Vex'ed Gaze

My idea here is to increase Mercs survivability. I don't want to be addicted to potions I hate it.

Edit: I just tried with Veil of steel/Guardian angel to bring his FR to 90. he Still dies easily. o.O this is getting odd.

Last edited by diabloplayer45; 17-03-2012 at 14:07.