Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Improvements

IncGamers Member

Re: Improvements

Quote Originally Posted by diabloplayer45 View Post
    I wonder why you need max all resists, when council only uses lightning and fire damage.
    Well, you don't need poison, but the priests cast Blizzard sometimes so it's good to have cres maxed too. Light res must be maxed, and if you have enough fres the Hydra bolts actually heal you which can come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by diabloplayer45 View Post
    My gear is:

Crown of Thieves (But i figure IK helm is better since LL doesn't work with berserk anyway).
    Wealth, Dwarfs,Griefs,Maras,Goldwrap,Chancies,Infernos and that's it. I got a Barbtorch and some small goldfind charms.
    You need a shield and max block, otherwise it's suicide. Highlord's ammy is way better than Mara's; it has gg deadly strike, which is great with Berserk. Kira's helm is mandatory for the res and fhr that it gives, as well as cannot be frozen. You should aim for 50% fhr, which can be done with shaeled Kira's and two 5% scs.

The most important thing is to get some more levels, whatever setup you choose. Lvl 80 is the minimum lvl for any sort of runs imo.

I could switch to Highlords and throw a Stormshield in with Grief, but I cannot use Kira's. Because I need the GF from either IK helm or CoT.

Damn this is one of the most complicated builds.

I think one of the good reasons to go singer with 2xhoto is the insane FCR, the godly resists and +6 all skills. The only problem is mana and the fact that you are dependant on merc to kill.

I just found 355k gold on this run, not bad. Took ages though because I had to go to town tog et my mercs *** saved as well as replenishing mana.

IncGamers Member

Stormshield takes too much strength (imo). I never once died due to lack of DR%; it was Lightning with Convic that got me the few times that I died. Try Whistan's or Moser's or shop for a JToD.

Kira's is not really optional on the Berserker, imo. The resists and cbf cannot be easily made up for in other slots. You'll just have to accept the fact that you won't have gf% from helm. You could Lem the Kira's instead of Shaeling if you want though; I never tried it, but you could probably survive with a lower fhr breakpoint.

I'm going to get some levels..

I'm tempted to try the singer build... With 2xhoto I have max resists, 85 fire resist, +6 more skill points, huge bonus to BO, and I can wear IK helm for MF and +2 warcries. Plus it gives +6 to the faster run/walk skill so you move hella fast. The only problem is running out of mana, but I'm assuming that putting Insight on merc will solve that issue.

Well, so i tried the WW barb which worked (also without kiras) and I am confident that if I were level 92 along with a properly geared merc I would have no problems at all. I actually managed to do Trav a couple of times without a merc in hell and I'm only lvl 74. So either I'm very skilled or the WW build is very overpowered.

I have now used my last respec to try a singer. Resistances are maxed, life is 4,3k after BO, walk/run speed is good. I can survive on Trav, but the only problem is my Merc dying. But it works with going into the middle of the council and spamming WC. Insight helps a lot with the Mana regeneration. The problem again is the merc dying. Right now he's got a Lem'd CoT, no armor and no helm.

But to make it short, it's either going to be a WW or WC build.

Whirlwind seems to be the powerful, but Warcry seems to be the most safest, at least for me. Not for my merc though lol.

Leap is blacklisted because it looks retarded. So WW or WC.

IncGamers Member

Ideally you want to be level 95 anyway for gambling, assuming you gamble ammys. You don't want to have to mule all that gold to some other character, that would be a pain.

Yeah it will be a pain tho getting to lvl 95.

I'm a bit pissed atm. Because most of my friends using bots. A friend of mine made a Barb and got it to level 92 in I don't know, maybe a few days. My sorc is only lvl 88 and I've been playing on her for months. This is because some of my friends are using bots. They aren't doing jack**** except sitting on their lazy asses all days farming items and leveling, while I'm working my *** off here with strategies,builds,runs and what not.